A Helping Hand ~ DabiDeku (Platonic)

Edited by: Lanee91

Requested by: HawksLittleBirdy

Special thanks to my lovely editor and friend for letting me use their idea for this oneshot!

Big! Dabi Little! Deku (Platonic)

Summary: After Deku gets injured in a fight, what happens when he regresses and Dabi finds him?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loud explosions ring out across the building as bodies move fast from one side to another. The students of Class 1-A look in fear as they look for their teachers who were still stuck at the high school trying to find a way to the site of the disaster.

Shigaraki stands with his team surrounding him as he walks towards the shaking students with a devilish grin. "Well look here, the future heroes think they can save the day? Where are the teachers? Why even, where are your parents? They allow you to risk your life, for what? A moment of fame? Pathetic."

Toga skips around the group of students causing them to huddle closer together as some of the girls begin to cry from fear. Bakugo pulls his arm back before being stopped by Kirishima and Denki.

"Why are you grabbing me? Let me go! Let me blast their brains!" He yells, trying to thrash around in an attempt to be set free.

"Dude we can't fight them, we don't even have our support gear. We are going to get hurt. We just have to wait for the teachers. I'm sure they are almost here." Kirishima says as Denki nods quickly.

Bakugo sighs, putting his head into his hands feeling the frustration of not being able to do anything just like the time he was kidnapped.

"What do you really want? All Might is already ruined!" Midoriya says stepping forward in front of everyone. "What else is there?"

The air goes cold as everyone holds their breath listening to the villain's reply. "I want him dead."

Something snaps in Midoriya as he rushes towards the League with his arm pulled back. "Midoriya don't do it!" Todoroki shouts, looking at the villains who stand there with an unfazed expression.

The green haired boy brings his fist back preparing to use a bit of his One for All power but before his hand can collide with the blue haired man's face, Shigaraki grabs the boy immediately cracking pieces of Deku's elbow.

The boy screams out in pain as his classmates watch, they look amongst one another unsure of what to do. Suddenly, a large crash is heard from above as the pro heroes and teachers start to fill the vacant space immediately fighting the villains.

None of the teachers seem to notice the small student who begins to crawl around a corner to hide. Tears fill his eyes as his arm pulses with large pains. He bites his lip as his mind begins to grow fuzzy. In a painful situation like this, his body decided that being small was the only way to bring some sort of comfort to him.

His small silent tears turn into small sobs as his mind fully regresses. He holds his knees close to his body as he sniffles, looking at the battle in front of him.

From across the room a man with black hair and purple scars stares at him in curiosity before walking over casually. Once Dabi makes it to the boy he leans down, scaring the little one. Deku tries to back away but is stopped by the pain he is feeling in various parts of his body.

"Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry!" Midoriya wails as Dabi stops raising an eyebrow in confusion. He leans down again close to the little one's face before realizing what was probably happening.

Dabi was familiar with regression because a few people in the League regressed due to their trauma. He wasn't sure why Midoriya would regress but regardless he felt a soft spot for the young boy. He knew that being in such a mindset could be scary in a situation like this and Midoriya was probably also feeling very vulnerable.

The older boy holds a hand out for the younger one before talking slowly. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to help you out kiddo. Where are you hurting?" He asks which creates a confused expression on the small one's face.

"Aren't you a bad guy?" He asks slowly before hiding his face worried that he may have offended the villain.

"Yeah I'm pretty terrible, but I'm not always like that. I just want to help you, little one. Can you trust me for a few minutes?" Dabi asks to which the boy slowly nods. He still wasn't sure what to think but his arm hurt so bad that he just wanted relief.

After getting the consent from Deku, Dabi picks the boy up carrying the boy towards a room nearby. Once inside Dabi looks through cabinets trying to find something to cover the boy's wound. Eventually he finds a first aid kit and begins to work on the boy.

Midoriya sniffles as tears prick at his eyes again, feeling the pain more as Dabi moves his arm around.

"I know it hurts but we have to get this covered, okay? We don't want you getting an infection right? Those are pretty icky and gross." Dabi says to which the little one nods in agreement. "You are being so brave for me, little one. I appreciate you letting me help you."

Once Midoriya is completely wrapped up, Dabi steps back taking a look at the little one.

"I hate to say this but it's not worth fighting Shigaraki. He probably has the most deadly and unavoidable quirk among us. So until you are at the level of a pro hero, I suggest you don't try to make him mad." Dabi says leaning against the wall. "I can't promise that he won't outright kill you next time. So please promise me that you won't try something like that again."

Deku nods looking down with a small pout on his face. "I promise, I just didn't like how he said he wanted to kill All Might. I love All Might, he's my favorite hero."

Dabi nods again as he listens to the little one go on a rant about why he loved the hero so much. It reminded him of how he was when he was younger before everything with his own father occurred.

Suddenly, a knock is heard on the door making both boys jump.

"Young Midoriya are you in there? Are you alright?" All Might says through the door before beginning to jiggle the door knob. Dabi dives to hide as he looks towards Midoriya as if asking him to be quiet.

Deku nods before replying. "Yes I'm here! I'll be out in a moment, I was just wrapping my wound up."

"Good, the League of Villains escaped so we need to get you and the others back to the school immediately."

"Understood, I'll be out in a moment." Midoriya says as he crawls out of his headspace so he could face his classmates and instructors.

Dabi and Midoriya look at one another before the student gets up to leave. He turns around to see a purple cloud engulfing his helper before Dabi completely disappears. Deku sighs leaving the room before soon leaving to go back to the school.

It's just like he had always thought, villains aren't always terrible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this!

Join the server if you haven't already! Link is in the bio!

~ TeddyBumble!