Chapter 13 - Interrogation (Part 1)

Meng Yu gasped lightly as she was jolted awake.

She felt an intense burning sensation from all over her body. Her eyes flung open and roamed anxiously at her unknown surroundings. Her gaze fell upon an unfamiliar lady sitting next to her. A glimpse of surprise flashed in the other person's eyes, but she suppressed it well and stared warily at Meng Yu. Perhaps she did not expect Meng Yu's to regain her consciousness so suddenly.

Seeing the other person's hand holding a pair of scissors, Meng Yu's hand instinctively sprung forward and grabbed onto her wrist in a vice-like grip. The lady's brow immediately creased, revealing her annoyance.

"Who are you?" Meng Yu asked murderously. Her entire body emitted a strong killing intent that gave the other person goose bumps.

However, the lady was not someone ordinary, as she kept her cool. She narrowed her eyes in displeasure and replied in a firm voice, "Do not simply move. I have just finished bandaging your wounds."

Hearing her words, Meng Yu glanced at the gauze and medicines lying on the night table next to her bed before she relaxed her grip slightly. However, she was not entirely convinced of the other person's intention.

"Where am I?"

Seeing Meng Yu's look of misgiving, the lady pursed her lips, and did not even bother to hide her displeasure anymore before replying hostilely, "This is Lord Yin He's Manor. I am his personal maid, Bai Qin. Under his order, I am tending to your wounds. Now can you please let go of my hand?"

Meng Yu's brows raised as she withdrew her hand.

Yes, she remembered as the earlier strings of events flashed through her mind. She had suffered heavy injuries and must have lost consciousness when Yin He gave the order to his subordinates to bring her back.

Why did he save her? What is his intention?

"There is no need to be anxious. If we intended to harm you, then I would not waste my time to treat your injuries. It is best if you do not simply move and reopen your wounds again."

Bai Qin stood up as she picked up the tray of gauze and medicine in her hand and walked out of the room without a backward look.

Sitting in the pavilion was a lofty figure painting calligraphy in deep concentration. His posture was proud, and his movement was fluid like flowing water. A servant walked up and bowed respectfully.

"My lord, Lord Zheng has been waiting in the main hall for more than an hour."

Yin He barely spared a glance at that person before turning his attention back to his calligraphy. Knowing his lord's temperament, the servant did not speak further and retreated quietly.

From the other side, Bai Qin walked up to the pavilion.

"It seems that Lord Zheng is very persistent. He will not leave until you agree to meet him."

The corner of Yin He's lips raised as he replied nonchalantly, "Then I am curious as to how long he is willing to wait."

"The usually calm and composed Zheng Qing Yao is actually getting anxious."

Yin He chuckled upon hearing Bai Qin's word. Bai Qin had followed him for many years, thus naturally will know what he was thinking. Her words were merely saying out what he had in his mind.

"What do you think, Bai Qin?"

Bai Qin paused for a moment as she contemplated Yin He's question. She had also briefly witnessed the battle of Jin Di and Meng Yu back then, not to mention the sense of dread that Meng Yu gave her during their brief interaction just now. Her heart felt extremely unsettled. Her brows furrowed as she replied solemnly, "Until we figure out her real identity, with her unorthodox skills and mysterious origin, we must be cautious. I fear, she could be a threat to us in the future."