Chapter 25 - Children of the Zheng Clan (Part 2)

"The Empress is already on her way to your courtyard now."

Zheng Qing Yao's expression turned grim as he looked at Mu Yin wordlessly.

Mu Yin knew what he was thinking, and quickly shook her head in denial.

"It could not have been leaked out from our side. No one is allowed to leave the mansion since that day."

Qing Yao frowned. He asked curtly, "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Without my authorization, they would not have dared to let anyone out..." Mu Yin paused when she suddenly realized something.

She sucked in a breath of chilly air to calm herself. A cold glint flickered in her eyes when she remembered who else was able to leave the mansion without her permission. Within this mansion, other than Zheng Qing Yao, her words were absolute. The servants and maids were all carefully selected and brought into the mansion to be trained since young. There was no doubt of their loyalty as they had been with them for many years.

There could only be one possibility for the news to reach the ears of Zheng Huo Yan so quickly.

"Ah Rong...," Mu Yin muttered in disbelief. Qing Yao heard her too but he did not look too surprise.

"I remember Ye Rong is very close to Shui Yang before she followed my sister to enter the palace."

Mu Yin, Jin Di, Shui Yang, and Ye Rong were all orphans adopted by the previous Zheng Master, the father of Zheng Huo Yan and Zheng Qing Yao. The old master was an incredibly famous physician who constantly travel all over the world during his youth to help people. They were all children who lost their family at a tender age and were later taken in by the old master. If not for him, they would have starved to death on the street, or killed by their family's enemy... So, they were very devoted to the Zheng family.

Mu Yin was one of the first few children taken in by the old master. Shui Yang and Ye Rong came later and were a lot younger than her. It was probably because of her instinct as an elder sister, thus she treated them like her own sisters, especially Ye Rong, who reminded her a lot of her own blood sister. However, Shui Yang and Ye Rong were very close because they arrived almost the same time and their age were very similar to each other.

When Zheng Huo Yan married, Jin Di and Shui Yang followed her to the palace, but Mu Yin chose to stay at the mansion to take care of Zheng Qing Yao. Ye Rong initially wanted to follow Zheng Huo Yan but changed her mind at the last minute. Her reason was to keep Mu Yin accompanied, and after most of them left the mansion, Mu Yin and Ye Rong became even closer than ever.

"How can she... This is my fault. I will deal with her later." The disappointment on her face was palpable.

Zheng Qing Yao smiled bitterly as he shook his head and said, "No wonder Jin Di would dare to act so impulsively. She must have given him permission. She knew about Meng Yu's background... Ye Rong must have told her everything."

He closed his eyes and exhaled heavily, "It's my fault for overlooking this matter."

Originally, when Meng Yu first arrived at the Silver Sky Mansion, her origin was kept secret, and only a few people in the mansion knew where she came from. Ye Rong was one of the few who knew about this because she was very much trusted by Mu Yin and Zheng Qing Yao. Indeed, Ye Rong would have never betray them.

Unfortunately, between Zheng Qing Yao and Zheng Huo Yan, she was much more loyal to the latter. When Meng Yu raised the suspicion of Jin Di and Shui Yang previously, they must have interrogated Ye Rong, and then reported everything back to Zheng Huo Yan. Zheng Huo Yan probably felt that someone like Meng Yu was too dangerous, thus letting Jin Di to use such ruthless method to eliminate her.