Chapter 28 - A Bet (Part 2)

"Yes, a bet... on the girl's life."

Ren Zhong Yu laughed loudly, "Oh? Then I bet that she will not make it. You saw what happened that night. Xia Hei is merciless. He will not give her the antidote. Zheng Qing Yao is compassionate, but he is not a fool. Not to mention, he understands that every action of his will affect his beloved sister."

Yin He shook his head and laughed, "That is what make it more intriguing, don't you think so?"

Ren Zhong clasped both of his hand excitedly and said, "Ha, don't cry when you lose! What will you use as a wage then?"

"What do you have in mind?" Yin He asked ambiguously.

Ren Zhong Yu thought to himself for a moment, and finally raised his hand up, pointing his finger toward Yin He's waist. Hanging by his belt was his favourite folding fan, Li Xu, named after the creator, himself. It was painted and crafted by the famous Scholar Li Xu, who had travelled around the world in his youth.

He was a man of wisdom who was widely acknowledged and was the inspiration for many young scholars worldwide. After the passing of Li Xu, the fan was later kept in the palace for many years as valuable antique. It was later bestowed to Yin He by the late Emperor when he received his first royal tittle as the Prince. The workmanship was intricate, but the meaning behind the fan was even greater. Indeed, it was a treasure among treasures, and Ren Zhong Yu knew exactly how precious it was to Yin He.

Yin He lazily lowered his gaze and look at the folding fan on his waist. His mouth curved into a deep smile, and his deep black eyes rippled gently. Ren Zhong Yu had an obsession towards valuable antiques and treasures, and it was no secret that he had always fancy the folding fan of his.

Ren Zhong Yu grinned sheepishly, as he asked without a shame, "So you still want to bet?"

Yin He lifted his gaze back to Ren Zhong Yu, and nodded nonchalantly. "Of course."

Ren Zhong Yu was ecstatic to hear his reply. Before Yin He could change his mind, he quickly added, "Gentleman do not go back on his word."

"Definitely." Yin He drawled, as he walked back to the table and took a seat. "But what do you have to offer me in return?"

Ren Zhong Yu snorted in disbelief. The Ren clan was filthy rich that their money could be spend lavishly for ten generations. They could even afford to buy a small kingdom. How could Yin He spoke as if he could not afford to wage something as valuable as his Li Xu fan? Feeling that his ego was bruised, Ren Zhong Yu growled in annoyance, "Stop spitting nonsense! Just say what you want."

Yin He lightly tapped his finger on the table, as he contemplated for a moment. There was a faint smile on his face as he spoke slowly, "Gold, land and jewelleries, the Ren clan has too much, and neither do I need them. I don't really think you have anything that worth as much as my Li Xu fan."

"You, you, you -"A vein popped out of his neck as Ren Zhong Yu stammered in anger. The other person tilted his head and smiled brightly as he watched Ren Zhong Yu choking in anger. Realizing that Yin He was provoking him on purpose, Ren Zhong Yu sucked a deep breath in to calm himself down. He lifted his finger to point at Yin He accusingly.

"You should stop fooling around! Do you think I cannot see through you?"

Yin He pursed his lips and lightly exclaimed, "Oh, really?"

"Just spit it out already! What do you want?" Ren Zhong Yu snapped in annoyance. Growing up together, he knew Yin He temperament very well. He realized Yin He was fishing something from him, and purposely used his fascination toward antiques to bait him.