Chapter 21 - Yun Shang Xing Yu (Part 2)

*Flashback*

"Yun Shang Xing Yu?"

Meng Yu's eyes lighted up with curiosity. Tilting her head to the side, a loose strand of hair fell over as she looked at the man standing next to her. He lifted the tip of the brush from the purple azalea painting, and the four words written at the bottom corner of the painting gleamed alluringly under the sunlight.

That year, he was only seventeen years old. An undeniable handsome young youth. His presence was always filled with nobility, and every little action of his was simply graceful, even when he was merely turning his head to meet her gaze. Under the thick eyelashes, there was a trace of gentleness in his deep black eyes. His soft lips curled up into a beautiful smile as his slender finger tucked the loose strand of hair behind her ear.

His action was overly intimate, and the usual her would have coldly reprimanded him. Instead, she found herself staring at him in a daze. Perhaps her mind was distracted, or her heart was confused.

"Yun Shang (Above Cloud)."

A soothing voice escaped from his thin lips as his gaze turned toward the clear blue sky. Subconsciously, Meng Yu's eyes followed his gaze.

"Xing Yu (Shooting Stars)."

Hearing the last two words, she turned back to look at him, and met his intense gaze. Their eyes interlocked and her heart carelessly skipped a beat. His gaze was deep and endless, just like the bottom of the ocean.

Shooting stars above the cloud. It sounded like an exquisite alias, but it was actually layered with hidden meaning. In between the lines hid a subtle hint of provocation.

When dealing with a man who was wise beyond his age, she had to put in more efforts. After all, she had come across many talented people who was significantly older than him but were no match to his wit. This kind of genius was like a double edge sword. He could be a strong ally, but also a great threat at the same time.

This young man was Jing Yun Sheng.

His personality was aloof while his actions were unpredictable. After knowing him for a period of time, she still could not decipher his intention.

Meng Yu eyes grew cold as she contemplated. Since the other party had taken the initiative to come forth, then she should not let him leave empty handed. She gently waved to the servants behind them.

"Leave us."

Her instruction was curt and firm. The servants complied and retreated to a far distance away.

Jing Yun Sheng watched the young girl in front of him carefully. She sat in a straight posture with her head held high. She was only thirteen years old, yet her temperament does not exude the childishness most people had around this age. Instead, she gave off the feeling of a dignified and lofty well-bred lady. She had beautifully carved brows, crystal clear eyes and luscious red lips. It would easily mislead others to see her as a sweet and tender young girl. Contrary to the look she was born with, she was actually a very proud and wilful lady.

She was Mo Empire's third princess, Mo Xing Yu (Shooting Star).

She was also the twin sister of the fourth prince, Mo Lie Yun (Cloud), who was bestowed the tittle of crown prince not long ago.

This pair of twins resembled each other so much that it was almost impossible to differentiate between them, especially during their tender age. Even their birth mother, the Empress had mistaken them as the others before. However, their features became much more distinguished as they grew older. Perhaps, a few more years later, the difference would be more apparent.