Chapter 47 - Prince Mo Lie Yun (Part 1)

Within a few seconds, the entire performance stage tipped forward dangerously. With a loud groan, it began collapsing. Debris and dust were scattered all over the place as the red scarlet figure flew toward the viewer's platform. On impulse, Jing Yun Sheng took two steps forward toward the railing and stretched his other hand out just in time to catch onto the boy's hand before he missed the platform and plunged to his death.

"Hold on tight!"

Jing Yun Sheng shouted over cacophony, as he tightened his grip on the small hand with half of his body leaning precariously over the railing.

Luckily, he had the foresight to grab onto the platform's curtain with his remaining free hand before he toppled over. The young lad was not very heavy, but due to the high height he had jumped from, it had created a strong downward momentum. If Jing Yun Sheng was not careful, he would have fallen to his death together with the young prince.

"Don't let go!" He ordered as he looked behind him, signalling for his soldier to help him.

The young prince looked at the ground that was far below him for a moment, before finally lifting his head up to see who was grabbing onto his hand. The pair of black obsidian eye flickered brightly as they looked directly into Jing Yun Sheng's eyes.

Jing Yun Sheng blinked in surprise, when the corner of the prince's exposed lips curled slowly into a beautiful smile.

"Thank you for your help, Prime Minister Jing."

Before he could register the meaning behind his words, the young boy gave a quick tug and swung himself up effortlessly. When Jing Yun Sheng looked up, the prince had already landed gracefully next to him.

"Prime Minister Jing, are you alright?" Prince Yin Long asked in concern after seeing how Jing Yun Sheng had rushed forward to help the young lad. Jing Yun Sheng shook his head in response, before turning his attention back to the petite figure in front of him. The young prince stood there with a small grin on his face, seemingly at ease. Before Jing Yun Sheng could say anything else, he heard the soldiers calling out urgently, "Duck! Arrows!"

A strong arm pulled Jing Yun Sheng back in the nick of time, just as an arrow flew past the place where he was standing previously. Putting himself in front of Jing Yun Sheng, Prince Yin Long unsheathed his sword from his waist and swung the blade around to deflect the incoming arrows skilfully. The scarlet red youth was also quick on his feet, as he rolled over and dodged behind a large pillar.

"There are too many of them! We won't be able to push our way out." Jing Yun Sheng said as he flipped a table over and ducked behind it. He swept a quick glance around before pulling out a small bamboo bottle from his sleeve. "I will call for reinforcement. Pass my order down. Form the Golden Lotus Formation and hold out for as long as we can!"

"Prince Yin Long, please stay within the formation. Your safety is our priority!" Whirling around, Jing Yun Sheng looked at the young prince who was crouched behind the pillar and called out, "Prince Lie Yun, you too!"

The soldiers that were guarding them immediately took on a defensive formation and held out their shields in front of them, as the arrows continued to fall upon them in a continuous barrage. With a quick movement, Jing Yun Sheng undid the opening on the bottle and fired the signal flare up into the sky. The flare burned brightly as it flew up and caught the attention of many people. Out of the blue, the arrows suddenly stopped coming at them.

"What in the world...?" Prince Yin Long breathed heavily as he retreated to the place where Jing Yun Sheng was hiding. However, he did not let his guard down and continued to hold his sword up defensively in front of him. Both of them exchanged glances, their heart beating loudly in their chest. The sudden silence was extremely unnerving, and the soldiers all looked at each other in befuddlement.