Chapter 32 - True Identity (Part 4)

"Xia Hei? The black market big boss, Xia Hei?" Gu Sheng jumped up from his seat as he exclaimed in shock.

Zheng Qing Yao, who was sitting calmly right opposite of him nodded in affirmation.

Gu Sheng immediately frowned in disapproval, "No, Qing Yao. Do not touch this muddy water. I do not care what trouble this will bring to your sister, but this is for your own sake. Xia Hei is not someone you want to mess with."

"I am not trying to find any trouble with Xia Hei. I just need the antidote."

Gu Sheng banged his fist on the table as he continued to argue, "You barely knew her! And now Xia Hei is going after her! This is insane, Qing Yao!"

To his dismay, Zheng Qing Yao returned his argument with a resolute look. Desperate to get his point into his friend's thick skull, he turned to Mu Yin for help. Unfortunately, she was too focused on her current task to say anything.

"Am I the only voice of reason here?" Gu Sheng asked annoyedly, "Mu Yin, why aren't you saying anything? You know what kind of person Xia Hei is. You should help me to talk him out of this!" 

Loyal to a fault, Mu Yin curtly replied without even looking up from the piece of paper that she was drawing on. "He has made his decision."

Gu Sheng harrumphed in disbelief at her response. Seeing his reluctance, Zheng Qing Yao continued to reason with him, "Please Gu Sheng. You are the only one I can ask for help now. She doesn't have much time left."

Zheng Qing Yao was very persistent, and however unwilling he was, Gu Sheng knew he could not completely reject his friend's request.

"You know the black market very well, and you have connection with the pugilist world. You are the only person I can entrust this to."

The hopeful eyes kept staring at him, making Gu Sheng unable to refuse anymore, so he finally gave in and replied grudgingly, "Fine! I'll see what I can do!"

Crossing his arms, Gu Sheng paced forth and back in contemplation, but was interrupted when Mu Yin placed her brush down and announced, "It's done."

Both Gu Sheng and Zheng Qing Yao walked over to the desk to look at the drawing. The colour of Gu Sheng's face drained as soon as he saw the unique symbol drawn on the white piece of paper. He looked toward Zheng Qing Yao in disbelief. "What is this?"

Seeing the look on Gu Sheng, Zheng Qing Yao had a hunch that he recognized the symbol. He asked urgently, "You have seen this symbol before? This is the marking Mu Yin saw on Meng Yu's back."

Gu Sheng's eyes darkened, and his expression turned somber. He whirled around abruptly and marched out of the study room. His hand reached toward the iron chain dangling around his waist. Sensing his murderous energy, Mu Yin quickly chased after him. She grabbed onto his shoulder and snapped, "Gu Sheng, what is it?"

Gu Sheng glared at her with grave expression as he tightened his hand on the iron chain dangerously. He growled angrily, "Mu Yin, you all have no idea what kind of person you have brought into the manor! I must get rid of her immediately!"

"What are you talking about?" Mu Yin cried as he shook her hands off and continued to stomp off towards Meng Yu's room. Zheng Qing Yao felt a sense of urgency as he quickly stepped out of the study, "Gu Sheng, stop right there!"

However, Gu Sheng did not stop. Instead, he increased his pace decisively. Zheng Qing Yao felt a surge of complicated emotions as he immediately raised his voice and commanded sternly, "Gu Sheng, stop right there. This is an order!"