Chapter 1 - Living in an Endless Dream (Part 1)

Her fingers twitched a little.

"Ah, ah!" An incredibly young girl about eleven years old exclaimed excitedly as she hurriedly stood up. She dashed out of the room frantically and called for someone. A lady lying on the bed slowly opened her eyes. Her head was spinning crazily, and she could feel her entire body ached. She could hear the sharp voice of the little girl yelping ecstatically outside of the room.

"She is awake! She is awake!" The little girl cried repeatedly.

A gentle female voice could be heard from the other side. "Xiao Yun, is that true? Ah Rong, quickly inform master!" There was sound of footsteps rushing off.

The lady on the bed slowly turned her head around, and her eyes searched the unfamiliar room in confusion. Her gaze landed on two unfamiliar faces. There was a sweet little girl with her hair tied up in two buns, and another composed older lady with her hair tied back neatly.

"You are finally awake!" Xiao Yun jumped in excitement, but the other lady quickly shushed at her to keep her voice down. Then she sat down gently by the bedside and spoke slowly, "Young lady, my name is Mu Yin. How are you feeling?"

The lady lying down looked like she was still in a daze as she stared blankly back at them.

"Where... Where am I?" She asked weakly.

"You are in the Silver Sky Mansion." Mu Yin replied.

"Silver... Silver Sky Mansion?" The lady closed her eyes, as she tried to process the words she heard. After a moment, her eyes flung open in shock.

"The Kingdom of Yin?" The anxiety in her voice was palpable.

"Yes, you are now in the Yin Country."

As if possessed, the lady jumped up from the bed despite the immense pain she could feel all over her body, and desperately pushed her way out of the room. Mu Yin and Xiao Yun was taken aback by her aggressive reaction, and quickly tried to restrain her. "Lady, your wounds are not completely healed yet! Please do not overstrain yourself!"

The lady did not listen to them as she struggled to free herself from their grip. Despite having two people holding her back, the lady had more strength, and freed herself quickly. She ran out without a care, ignoring their desperate pleas. She ran and ran without thinking. Her steps were unsteady, and she bumped onto things left and right, but she did not stop. Xiao Yun and Mu Yin quickly followed her.

She stopped suddenly and stood dazed in her track. In front of her was an extremely breathtaking view of nature. It was in the middle of Spring, and the birds were chirping happily in the bright blue sky that was filled with white cotton clouds. The flowers were blooming in a variety of vibrant color and the luscious green trees were swaying gently in the wind.

"Blood!" Xiao Yun shrieked in alarm as she pointed at the lady. Her white robe was tainted red with blood. "Your wounds have reopened!" Mu Yin stated worriedly, but the lady did not hear her. She was bewildered as her eyes searched her unfamiliar surroundings frantically.

"Miss? Are you alright?" Mu Yin asked in concern as she touched her shoulder gently.

"What... What is that sound?" The lady asked anxiously.

Perplexed, Mu Yin and Xiao Yun looked around, and listened carefully, but nothing extraordinary caught their attention.

"Miss, there is no strange sound," Xiao Yun replied confusedly. The lady turned around and looked at Mu Yin in the eyes, as she repeated her question.

"What is that sound?"

Mu Yin remained composed, as she turned to look around, and listened carefully again. After a moment, she smiled gently and replied, "Miss, are you talking about the chirping sound of the birds, and the rustling sound of the leaves?"

The lady paused for a moment. She looked bewildered as she stared into the distance, lost in her own thoughts.

"It's gone..." she muttered to herself, so soft that even Mu Yin could not catch a word. Mu Yin wanted to ask her what she was saying, but before she could do so, the lady seemed to have lost all of her previous strength, her legs buckling under her.

Mu Yin and Xiao Yun quickly held onto her. As if she had finally come to her senses, her eyes welled with tears and she began laughing hysterically.

"No more, no more!" she cried repeatedly, completely overwhelmed with emotion. "I can no longer hear it!"

Xiao Yun looked at Mu Yin in confusion, but Mu Yin only shook her head slightly at her. Then, without warning, the lady began convulsing and collapsed to the ground in tremendous pain.

"Miss, are you alright!?" Mu Yin asked in panic while Xiao Yun hovered and fretted nervously over them.

"What happened?" Suddenly a man's voice asked urgently out of nowhere. The lady looked over at the direction of the voice as she struggled in pain and dizziness. A young man dressed in a formal blue robe with his hair tied up neatly came up to her. Her vision began to blur as she watched the man kneeled next to her.

"Master!" She heard the other ladies called him.

He took her hand and checked her pulse. Her consciousness was slowly fading, but she managed to catch a glimpse of the man. He had a composed expression and a gentle gaze filled with concern. "Her wounds have reopened. Quickly carry her back to her room." He instructed. Her head began spinning and her consciousness slowly seeped away, until there was only darkness left.