Chapter 15 - End of Our Fate

"What an honour to have Lord Zheng personally visiting me today."

With his hand clasped behind his back, Yin He strode into the main hall with a wide smile on his face. His mood was exceptionally pleasant after making Zheng Qing Yao wait for him for almost half a day.

Qing Yao, on the other hand, just gave a perfunctory nod at him. Seeing Yin He's somewhat smug attitude, he decided not to split hairs over unimportant matter and go straight to the point.

"I believe Lord Yin is very clear on my purpose of visit today."

"I do? Hmm..."

Yin He pretended to think hard for a moment and finally shrugged his shoulder helplessly.

"I think it is better for Lord Zheng to state it clearly. I really cannot read your mind."

Seeing Yin He purposely putting up an act in front of him, Qing Yao frowned, but maintained his composure as he stated clearly, "I believe my friend is in Lord Yin's manor now. I am here to bring her home."

Yin He slapped his folding fan onto his palm with a look of realisation, "Ah! Are you talking about Meng Yu?"

"Yes." Qing Yao nodded as he replied firmly.

There was an unreadable smile on Yin He's face as he leisurely sat down and took his time to pour a cup of tea for himself. The servant standing at the corner came forward to help him, but he waved them off. Yin He picked up the cup but did not drink from it. Instead, he rested his face on his left hand while he admired the cup of tea in his right hand.

"Lord Zheng seems to care very much about this friend of yours. I am really interested in the relationship between the two of you." He commented casually before taking a sip, but his eyes remained glued to Zheng Qing Yao.

Qing Yao was not affected by his words as he replied calmly, "Please do not misunderstand. She is a very precious friend. That is all."

Yin He laughed sarcastically. "A precious friend?" He shook his head in disbelief before continuing, "In that case, why does your sister want to kill her?"

Upon the mention of Huo Yan, Qing Yao's expression turned grim and he reprimanded sternly, "I hope Lord Yin will consider your own position and do not simply speak such words without any solid proof."

Hearing his rebuke, Yin He's brows raised. He looked amused as he repeated after Qing Yao, "Without any solid proof?"

Setting down the cup on his hand, Yin He remarked, "You are right. I might have witnessed a very brutal scene in the street today, but there are no other witnesses. All the dead bodies found are actually criminals who had long served their death sentence."

He leaned back on his chair, and continued, "How can a supposedly dead person die again? I did not manage to capture the culprit and the victim is someone who cannot testify. It is as if what happened today did not occur at all. Very well planned indeed."

Seeing Qing Yao did not look surprise to hear his analysis, Yin He smirked knowingly.

"Since Lord Yin has already figure out everything, then there is no need for you to keep Meng Yu here. Please let her go."

Yin He did not reply, but instead took his own sweet time to pour himself another cup of tea. Qing Yao frowned, but he knew he could not rush anything now that Yin He was holding the upper card. He had no choice but to wait patiently.

The sun was beginning to set, and after a long moment of silence, Yin He finally placed the cup down, and said nonchalantly, "I am afraid that you have already missed her."