Chapter 9 - The Unanswered Questions

"Stop right there!" Mu Yin's stern voice rang across the courtyard.

Both Meng Yu and Jin Di froze in place as they turned to look at Mu Yin. She rushed toward them furiously.

"What do you think you guys are doing!?"

The atmosphere was extremely nerve wrecking, but seeing Mu Yin, Jin Di's original ruthless expression quickly changed back to normal. He sheathed his sword and turned toward Mu Yin with a wry smile.

"We were just having a friendly duel," Jin Di shrugged and answered nonchalantly, as if they were just playing chess with each other.

Friendly duel, eh?

Meng Yu arched her eyebrow in disbelief. If she was not careful just now, she could have lost her life to his vicious attack. She quickly put her hands behind her back to hide the blood on her sleeve, to avoid attracting Mu Yin's observant gaze. All she wanted to do now is to escape from this place as soon as possible.

Mu Yin stared incredulously at Jin Di. She was obviously not buying his story, but she knew what her priority was. She let out an exasperated sigh and quickly turned to Meng Yu. She noticed Meng Yu's pale expression and hurriedly asked, "Meng Yu, are you alright?"

Meng Yu did not reveal her exhaustion as she replied in monotone, "I am fine."

Mu Yin hesitated for a moment as she studied Meng Yu's expression and then said, "You don't look well. Why don't you return to your room first?"

Meng Yu decided to take the cue to escape. She did not say anything anymore and gave Mu Yin a curt nod before turning to leave immediately. She made sure to hide the bloodied sleeve from Mu Yin's eagle sight as she walked away. Mu Yin waited until Meng Yu was out of sight before turning her attention back to Jin Di.

"You have no right to act like this in this manor!" Mu Yin exploded in anger.

"You cannot allow such a dangerous person to stay in the manor, Mu Yin." Jin Di retorted.

"This is the Silver Sky Manor, and she is my master's guest. I will not tolerate any misconduct again, Jin Di. Do I make myself clear?" Mu Yin glared threateningly at him. She did not give him a chance to reply before walking over to the little boy and Shui Yang.

She kneeled down in front of the boy and spoke tenderly to him despite the tension earlier, "Young master, my master is waiting for you in the hall. Please come with me." The little boy nodded in excitement, as if everything that had happened just now had nothing to do with him. Mu Yin held the little boy's hand and led him away. Shui Yang and Jin Di followed closely from behind.

Shui Yang lowered her voice as she asked Jin Di curiously, "Brother Jin Di, why is Sister Mu Yin so angry?"

"Who knows?"

Annoyed with his lack of response, Shui Yang changed the topic, "What do you think of that person just now? I am so shocked. She could match up to big brother's movement so well!"

Jin Di's expression darkened as he replied, "Shui Yang, you are wrong. Did you not notice?"

Shui Yang gave a confused look at Jin Di. Jin Di just shook his head in defeat when he saw her hopeless look.

"This is why I say, your impulsiveness will kill you one day, Shui Yang."

Shui Yang folded her arms and pouted in retaliation.

Jin Di stopped in his pace and looked back at the place where Meng Yu had exited. Noticing that her big brother was no longer beside her, Shui Yang immediately came to a stop too and walked back to him.