Chapter 6 - The Letter

It had been a week since Qing Yao left, and he had never returned since then. Not that Meng Yu really care, but somehow it gave out a hint of something big was brewing in the palace. Judging from his wealth, Meng Yu felt that Qing Yao was no ordinary royal physician. He was very proper and careful, and somehow gave off a lofty aura. Not to mention the last time those royal guards came in such a hurry to seek audience with him, and even personally escorted him into the palace. It set off an alarm bell in Meng Yu's head, but she just pushed it out of her mind.

Well, it does not matter. Every empire has its own problem. Be it Mo or Yin, there will always be a problem brewing in the palace.

Meng Yu's left arm was finally freed from the casing and had regained some strength to move. No heavy work as usual, but at least she could tie her own hair and do other light mundane work with it. After changing into a set of new clothes, she stood up to leave the room. Meng Yu walked past a long corridor and stopped in front of the main hall. The majestic wooden name plate hanging right on top of the main hall entrance caught her attention. Made of solid mahogany wood and painted with pure gold, it proudly engraved the name of The Silver Sky Mansion. Such intricate workmanship was truly admirable. Meng Yu had always had an impeccable taste toward art pieces, and she gave it a nod of approval.

Seeing the name plate even further solidified her theory toward Zheng Qing Yao's identity. In the Yin country, Silver was equivalent to royalty, and only the Emperor can bestow the name of Silver Sky Mansion to him. It was usually the royalty or meritorious high-ranking officials that could earn the name of Silver. Towards her enemy, she at least had that much of understanding toward their customs and cultures.

"Know your enemy and know yourself; only then you may win the war" Someone used to remind her, but it is all in the past now.

Meng Yu shrugged her shoulder and continued on her way down the main hall. Inside the huge hall, there were around twenty servants lining up in front of Mu Yin as she inspected them one by one. Strict as ever, Mu Yin went from one servant to another, scrutinizing each of their attire and cleanliness before walking back to the center of the hall to assign their chores of the day. It was a daily routine that Meng Yu was accustomed to during her stay in this mansion. She wanted to sneak past the hall quietly, but Mu Yin's hawk eyes caught sight of her. Detecting the other person's glare, Meng Yu could only roll her eyes in annoyance before walking down the steps and sat down in a corner obediently.

After Mu Yin was done, she dismissed the servants and walked briskly over to Meng Yu. Meng Yu held out her hand knowingly, and Mu Yin took her pulse. After a while, Mu Yin nodded approvingly and said, "You may go now. Remember to write the letter." Meng Yu raised one of her brows as she thought to herself.

You really do not have anyone else to do that task, do you?

Meng Yu nodded slightly and stood up. She made her way out of the main hall and strolled past a few courtyards before arriving at another smaller building. She walked into the study room and proceeded to sit down on her usual spot. The books were stacked neatly together, and the stationary was meticulously arranged on the table. She laid a piece of white paper in front of her before grinding the ink stick lightly on the ink slab. After a while, the ink became thick and black. Satisfied, she dipped her brush into the ink before turning her attention back to the plain paper. She paused for a moment, deep in contemplation.

The bird was chirping outside, and there was the sound of windchimes jingling melodiously from afar. This feeling of peace... is really unfathomable.

Meng Yu was lost in thought when she was suddenly struck by a clever idea. Her lips curled up, and her eyes glimmered mischievously. Composing herself, she lowered her brush and began writing seriously with a deadpan face.