The branche

'We just have to hope she isn't going to die while making the time jump.' He said quickly while looking away. I looked at him with wide eyes as he slowly turned his head back around.

'Excuse me? Could you repeat that?' I asked giving him a small (fake) smile.

'There is a small chance that younger you won't make it. To make a time jump you need a lot of energy. That energy is the energy that nature gives you. So if nature suddenly doesn't want to give the energy, younger Lucy will die. And so will you.' He repeated more specific.

'And you couldn't mention that, hmm, I don't know, 5 BLOODY MINUTES AGO?' I said as my eyes got red.

'Control your eyes.' Uncle R nonchalantly said.

I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head, looking confused. He than pointed at me eyes and told me my eyes were red. 'Yeah I know that you pathetic son of a-'

'Son of God, yes indeed.' He ended my sentence.

I groaned as my eyes turned back to there normal dark brown colour.

Silence.

'Do you have a cigarette?' I suddenly asked him after a silence that went on for almost 10 minutes. 'I would take one of my own, but I don't have them with me.' I added. Uncle R looked disappointed and gave me a long preach about 'do not smoke Lucy.' Ugh he's just like father. They are sibling after all.

*****

Younger Lucy's pov :

'AAAAAAAH' I shouted at the top of my lungs as I was falling down.

I saw the gates of heaven getting smaller and smaller within seconds. The sky became darker and I finally hit the hard grounds of earth. I gulped as I sat back up.

'So... I need to find that street...' I said to myself. I placed my wings back into my back. And looked around me. I began to walk towards a street that seemed abandoned. The closer I got, the louder the two voices became. I recognised mother's voice and a voice that I haven't heard in a very long time... father's voice. They were arguing.

I slowly made my way towards them not wanting to draw attention to me. Would father even recognise me? I mean I haven't seen him in centuries. And he only knew younger me and older me. I kept walking toward them, slowly.

Everything went good until I stepped on a bloody branche. Am I in a movie or something ugh. The sound of the breaking branch got the attention of the both of them. 'Bloody hell.' I said under my breath. Father turned around and 'mother' did the same. She had a small smile on her face, letting me know she knows that it's me. Father was just looking confused.

I groaned as I walked now fast toward... me. Well older me... Rather older me's body... dead body... spiritually dead body.

'Go child.' Father said. I smirked at the same time mother did. I felt disgusted for a second, seeing my mother's face again. Mother's smirk made father look behind him. But he immediately turned his head back to me. I just kept walking and kneeled besides my body. Father put his hand on my shoulder. I flinched as I turned around and met with his red eyes.

'Leave.' He said intimidating. 'Am I supposed to be scared... father?' I asked him. He looked in confusion as he stood up. I did the same and he looked me up and down.