⤷ 29| THE THIRD TASK

chapter twenty-nine : the third task

☆ ☆ ☆

With the third task approaching, June was busy revising every spell she had ever learned. The black haired was often found in an empty classroom, practicing spells until she was sure she mastered them all. She had never been so prepared for anything.

At least, that's what she thought.

She wasn't prepared to hear Harry talk about his dream.

"Pettigrew was with him, June," Harry whispered. He had pulled her away from her friends towards an empty corridor. "They were talking about something that Pettigrew had or hadn't done and there was a snake — and they mentioned my name."

"Did you tell Dumbledore?" June asked immediately, knowing it would be smart to tell him.

Harry nodded. "Yeah, and apparently Crouch send his own son to Azkaban!"

Juniper frowned in confusion. "Crouch has a son? But why?"

"He was a Death Eater," Harry said. "That's probably enough reason to send someone to Azkaban."

"Yeah, but your own son . . . That's hard."

"It doesn't surprise me," Harry said. "Mr Crouch had always something with rules."

The two of them entered the Great Hall for dinner and said their goodbyes before June made her way to sit next to Timothée.

"Hello, stranger," she said, giving him a smile. "Long time no see."

"Yeah, that's because you were kind of busy with the Tournamemt and Quidditch," Timothée replied. "So it's not my fault."

"Sorry," June apologized, but Timothée waved it off, smiling.

"Don't worry about it," he said. "I understand that you have other responsibilities than just entertaining me."

Juniper rolled her eyes. "Poor you," she said. "So alone."

Timothée played along. "Yeah, and I had no one to talk to."

"You must have been so lonely."

"I was."

They looked at each other and laughed. June shook her head, thankful that he was here at Hogwarts with her.

☆ ☆ ☆

"Potter, Black, the champions are congregating in the chamber off the Hall after breakfast," Professor McGonagall told Harry and June on the morning of the third task.

"But the task's not 'til tonight!" Harry exclaimed.

"I'm aware of that, Potter," she said. "The champions' families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to meet them."