Physics

"... Your homework for this week is the entire circuit handout. As you all know, the final exam takes place two weeks from today. Class dismissed!"

"Thank you, Professor Nu!" came the response from most students as they exited the classroom. One, however, barely muttered a thank-you to Professor Jocasta Nu, angry with the large amount of homework she'd been given and her apparent inability to understand the material.

Trudging back to her and Anakin's shared quarters, Ahsoka found herself grumbling. "What the hell is Ohm's Law? Stupid equation! And of course, it has variants! What a load of bantha dung."

"Hey Snips," a familiar voice greeted her jovially. 

"Hey, Master," the Padawan muttered dejectedly, not meeting his gaze. Instead of flopping onto the couch, she made her way to her room in silence, slamming the door behind her. 

Anakin didn't stop her. 

Normally, he'd try to cheer her up and chat with her about whatever was on her mind. He made an exception this time; the amount of frustration she radiated was worrisome. Cooling off would do her some good. Half an hour had soon gone by, and judging by the suspiciously low amount of noise coming from Ahsoka's room, Anakin began to worry. So he abandoned the parts of a golden protocol droid he'd been tinkering with for the past forty-five minutes or so. "Ahsoka? Are you alright?"

The door swung open, her invitation for him to come in. Anakin stepped inside to see his Padawan sitting at her desk, head clasped exasperatedly in her hands.

"No, I'm not alright," Ahsoka huffed through clenched teeth, pointing at her huge pile of homework.

Anakin scowled. He'd forgotten about the final exams Padawans her age had to write, part one of an assessment required to be eligible for Knighting Trials. "Oh, Soka," he sighed. "I remember studying for those exams, it was a nightmare. But I passed and did quite well. Anyhow, that's a brag story for another day. Do you need any help?"

DO ALL MY DAMN HOMEWORK FOR ME, Ahsoka wanted to scream. Instead, she contented herself with a simple "Yes please, Master, very much so."

Anakin smiled at his Apprentice. "Sure thing, Snips," he replied.  "What exactly do you need help with?"

"Physics," she moaned. "All of it."

Anakin stared. All of it? Her final was in two weeks, how didn't she still understand anything? 

"Master, Professor Nu explains everything so fast! Besides, Physics is only once a week, so how could we ever ask her any questions outside of class?"

"Ahsoka," he chastised. "That's a terrible excuse. You have spare periods for a reason! What's the real reason you don't understand anything?" Skywalker asked, a threat underlying his calm tone.

"I- Okay, I'm sorry, Master," she mumbled, breaking eye contact. "I may or may not have accidentally fallen asleep during class."

Anakin glared at her in disapproval. "Professor Nu is the best Physics professor in the Order, Ahsoka! She was the one that taught me when I was your age. You-" Skywalker suddenly paused, biting his lip. He could continue berating her, but that wouldn't achieve anything in the long run. He took a deep breath instead and continued. "Never mind then. Let's begin from the very beginning. I'm sure you already learned about electrons in prior classes, correct?"

"Yes, Master, I did. An electron is a negatively charged sub-atomic particle."

"Good," Anakin praised. She would need confidence to overcome this difficulty. "Now, what can you tell me about static electricity?"