Happy Birthday, Skyguy!

It was his day today. His special day. Ahsoka wanted to make his special day extra unique since there was only one each year.

The best part? She managed to drag Obi-Wan into this too, much to his grievance. All year-long, she and Master Kenobi had taken hundreds of photos of Anakin, inside jokes and formal ones alike of him, ones that meant the most.

Now it was just a matter of keeping it away from him. Again, Ahsoka had managed to convince Obi-Wan to "train her so much it had exhausted her" so she wouldn't be able to go back to her and Anakin's shared quarters tonight.

He'd agreed.

With the photos from her holopad and camera loaded onto her laptop, the Padawan launched iMovie at an ungodly hour of the morning. She'd made sure to take the photos with the best possible quality with the same aesthetic so the final product would look like a whole, not jagged pieces of memories caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"So," Ahsoka yawned, not bothering to keep how tired she was from Obi-Wan. "Where's my bubble tea?" (TwoSet reference anyone?)

He'd keep her awake with cups of those and keep Anakin off her trail while she organized what was needed. That was the deal.

"Here," her Master piped up, a luscious smell wafting into her nostrils. The mango-flavoured slush brown sugar boba were mouth-watering. Obi-Wan sent it levitating towards her slowly -- too slowly.

"Damn it, Master," she growled in frustration, "you said I could have it."

Kenobi grinned mischievously. "Patience, young one. It will come to you. Hurry now, you don't have much time before that one wakes up."

Ahsoka huffed, but said nothing more. Obi-Wan eventually did give the delicious drink to her, but he'd taken his sweet time, much to her annoyance. Before taking a sip and continuing to work, she made sure to send her Grandmaster her most vicious glare to get her point across clearly.

He just laughed.

***

The masterpiece was ready. Well, hers was, at least. Obi-Wan was still bustling about in the kitchen with his hot pink apron, whisking together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients for Anakin's favourite dessert: chocolate mousse cake.

"Master Kenobi, I'm done," Ahsoka announced. "Want help?" She added, rather cheekily.

"Not really, I've already finished everything I need to and it is now solely a matter of pouring the batter into the pan and letting it bake... decorate the mess hall and watch a movie with me while that's happening?"

***

An hour and fifty minutes later, at exactly 6 am, everything was in place and ready to go. The only thing left to do was to bring Anakin. He was always awake sharply at 6, so there was no doubt they would have trouble.

"Anakin!" Ahsoka called, knocking on the door of their shared quarters. "Can I come in, please?" Feigning a yawn, she added, "Obi-Wan's spare bed isn't as comfortable as mine."

Moments later, Skywalker appeared in the doorway, hugging his apprentice tightly. "Hope Obi-Wan wasn't too rough with training," he muttered into her lekku. "That man really has no sense of limit whatsoever."

"No, he doesn't," Ahsoka played along. "Could you come and talk to him for me? I asked him not to tire me out too much but he still did, enough for me to fall asleep in his arms on the way back."

With a sigh, Anakin agreed. He had no idea he was in for a surprise.

***

"He's in the mess hall already? At this hour?" The Chosen One chuckled. "I'm surprised he's not grumbling about his coffee being too bitter."

Ahsoka grinned, having once stumbled on her Grandmaster saying the exact same thing.

"Master Kenobi?"

"What in the name of the Father did I do? To deserve coffee this bitter at this time of the morning?"

Her thoughts snapped back to the present when she remembered her mission. "Anakin let's go," she said, half-feigning a yawn. "I'm tired and I'm going back to bed after breakfast."

"Alright, alright," he conceded in surrender.

As they entered the mess hall, Anakin was puzzled. Where did Ahsoka go? Could she have-

"Surprise!"  rang out across the mess hall, lights snapping on, consequently showing the entire 501st — and surprisingly, the Council, omitting Mace M.F. Windu.

"Happy birthday Anakin," Ahsoka's voice said from behind. She was holding her laptop, a video ready to play at any moment.

"Ahsoka..."

She knew what he meant and smiled softly. "No need to thank me, Master. Just watch the video, please."

And he did. He was shocked at how many photos she had of him, it was a wonder she'd managed to fit them all into one iMovie.

"Sir, I thought you said you'd never have a Padawan?"

"There's been a mixup; the youngling isn't with me."

"Stop calling me that! Besides, you're stuck with me, Skyguy."

——

"History is happening in Manhattan, and we just happen to be in the greatest city in the world, IN THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLDD!"

"Work, work-"

"Angelica!"

"Work, work-"

"Eliza!"

"And Peggy!"

"The Schuyler Sisters!"

"We're looking for a mind at work, heyyy, WOAH WOAH WOAH! In the greatest city, in the greatest city in the wooooooorld! In the greatest city in the world!"

——

"And because of you, I did survive. And I managed to lead others to safety as well."

"I... don't know what to say."

"I do. Thank you, Master."

"You're welcome... my Padawan."

——

Hundreds of nearly memories flooded back to him vividly. Oh, Ahsoka, without those pesky photos, they would've been forgotten.

He let her know that with a single glance. She knew. She understood. She smiled.

They would've been forgotten... Anakin shuddered involuntarily at the thought. For once, he realized he was actually grateful for her non-stop photography habit.

They could've been forgotten. But they weren't, thanks to her. And for that, he was grateful.

***

Aaaaaa i loved this oneshot sm <3 it's pure chaos but it's fluffy :) hope you enjoyed!!

- jazzy