My Sleep Schedule Is Kriffed

"What are you doing up so late?" A bleary-eyed Anakin Skywalker muttered as he trudged into his apprentice's bedroom. "It's nearly one in the morning."

"Why do you think?" Ahsoka returned, not even trying to hide her yawn. She was utterly exhausted; not a single ounce of energy was left in her body. The war hadn't been kind to her. Every day, she saw hundreds of her fallen brothers on the battlefield. The only thing she remembers were the deadly, scarlet red gunshots that pierced their chests, and their agonizing screams. "Sleep hasn't been coming, so I figured I'd do something to pass the time."

Lie.

Anakin cocked his head sideways, observing her. He knew the war was taking a heavy toll on his Padawan, but something felt amiss.

"Why do homework instead of just relaxing until you fall asleep?"

"I need to exercise my brain, it gets bored. I can't let my first-place ranking in classes go to someone else."

Another lie.

"Don't overwork yourself, Snips. You should go to sleep."

"But it's spring break!" Ahsoka argued tiredly.

The Knight stared at her incredulously. Spring break was long over. "Alright, you're going to bed."

"No, I'm not," she protested feebly.

But my trig homework...

"Yes you are, Soka," Anakin whispered, scooping the Togruta into his arms. "You look absolutely horrible."

He was right. Numerous dark circles were visible under Ahsoka's eyes and her eyelids drooped; you could barely see her pupils. To Ahsoka, It was a constant reminder of sleep deprivation and her poor time-management skills. Often staying up past eleven, she dragged on, barely completing her schoolwork before one in the morning. She would constantly glance at the bed while working and with every passing moment, her head lowered a centimetre closer to the page. She wanted to sleep, she wanted to ditch the huge truckload of work -- but she had to catch up on the assignments she'd left for the last minute. With every yawn that escaped her mouth, her eyes watered just a little more. With every tear of exhaustion that seeped past her eyelids, her brain stopped thinking straight a little bit more. The fatigue was swallowing her whole.

"Good night, Snips." Anakin tucked the drained Padawan into her covers. Her stiff posture immediately relaxed, rolling herself into a Togruta burrito in her covers.

Anakin smiled at the gesture before placing a quick, chaste kiss on her forehead. He slipped out of the room , quietly closing the door behind him.

Ahsoka felt her eyelids grow heavy.  "At least he doesn't know how much I procrastinated." Was her final thought before drifting off.

***
-Her dream-

It was around three-thirty in the afternoon, and classes had just finished their sessions. Ahsoka logged onto Teams, preparing to begin her trig homework. The first part was easy; determine the angle or length of a side using either sine, cosine, tangent or cotangent. It didn't take the witty Togruta long to finish the first four questions. She detested the second part. These word problems were the bane of her existence. The interpretation was often tricky and unclear. Worse, her teacher loved to add extra, often unnecessary sentences to confuse them.

"Ughhh," she groaned, leaning against the back of her chair. "Spacegram is so much more interesting. I'll quickly check it -- a couple of minutes won't hurt. If Anakin walks in to check on my progress, I'll just say I had to ask a friend about a math question."