A Day Off

"Morning Snips," yawned Anakin Skywalker as he very reluctantly began to climb out of bed. The clock read 5 am, as per usual. "Ready for a good round of sparring to begin the day?"

No movement whatsoever came from the young Togruta lying on the other mattress, sound asleep.

"Ahsoka?"

Still no response. Something felt off today, ominously so, but try as he might, the young Knight just couldn't put his finger on it. He wished he could say that there was no nauseating feeling churning in his gut, the Force screaming that something was wrong -- he couldn't.

"Ahsoka?" Anakin asked, getting increasingly worried for his Padawan. The room felt cold, utterly devoid of warmth. It felt miserable without his little sister's bubbly personality around, exchanging playful banter with one another. He felt like part of his life had been ripped away from him forcefully, no matter how desperately he tried to keep it.

Skywalker approached his apprentice, still asleep, still no movement. What's wrong with her today? he wondered. Normally, she wakes me up first, not the other way around. And, it's already 5:10 am. She was supposed to be up 10 minutes ago!

But what if something was actually wrong with her? What if he lost her like he did his mother? Like Qui-Gon? What if he-

"... M'ster."

Anakin's eyes widened as he shook his head, snapping out of his reverie.

"Snips," he uttered, gazing down lovingly at his apprentice. "Are you okay? I was so worried! No matter how many times I tried to w-wake you up, you didn't respond," he told Ahsoka, not noticing the small tear that leaked out of the corner of his eye. She simply wrapped Anakin in a tight embrace, not letting go as her small hand wiped the lone tear off of his handsome features. "I'm fine Master. I'm not going anywhere."

Both Jedi revelled in the warmth of the embrace until suddenly, Anakin doubled over, clutching his forehead, groaning in agony.

"Master!" Ahsoka exclaimed in shock and confusion, her azure eyes widening in concern. "What's-" cough, cough! "-wrong?"

The older Jedi didn't reply immediately, eyes squeezed tightly shut as the after-effects ravaged his body, his face contorting in pain.

"Mast-" cough, wheeze. "-er! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Ahsoka," Anakin gasped, clutching onto his apprentice's forearm, steadying himself. "I- I felt a disturbance in the Force, a large one."

The Togrutan Padawan arched an eyebrow in confusion. Why hadn't she felt it?

"I don't think you felt it," the young Skywalker gasped, as if reading her thoughts, "because it was about you. The Force was warning me about something."

"Me? But I'm perfectly fine-" Ahsoka managed as a searing pain flew through her head, a series of hacking coughs overtook her, the strength and malice of it making her body shake fervently.

"-no need to worry about me."

"Don't think I didn't hear you wheeze and cough, Snips," Anakin told her sternly. "Just because I was momentarily out of it doesn't mean I'm hard of hearing." The Knight places a gentle hand on Ahsoka's forehead, taking her temperature -- only to retract it immediately, as if he'd touched a piece of searing hot metal.

"Ahsoka. You have a fever! A really high fever."

"Really?" The Padawan managed weakly as another round of violent coughs began. "I didn't- didn't think - so-" cough, cough, cough.