Tano-Skywalker

A/N: Here's a fluffy chapter for y'all 🥰 enjoy!

***

"... do you think she'll accept our offer?" Anakin inquired, speaking to nobody in particular as he frantically paced before his wife.

"She definitely will, Ani," Padmé answered soothingly, resting a hand on his shoulder. "There's no need to fret. You two have the strongest bond I've ever seen, Jedi or not."

"I hope you're right, Angel," he muttered.

The Skywalkers had been working on this special project for many months now. They hoped to achieve unity. For Padmé, she wished to finally see her husband happy again. Genuinely happy. In ways more than one, Ahsoka was the Snips to his Skyguy, and his other half.

For Anakin, he hoped to find the serenity that the raging war denied him, and the blissful ease a complete family brought.

Ahsoka's departure had dealt a devastating blow to everyone around her. It had been many long years since the snarky, loveable Togruta had left the Order, as well as Anakin, behind.

His heart had never been fully repaired. Perhaps today, it would finally see the light; perhaps today, the wounds would finally heal.

He'd asked Ahsoka to keep in touch. She'd answered by clinging to him and refusing to let go.

On this day, the day of their wedding anniversary, Anakin and Padmé Skywalker would officially invite Ahsoka Tano to become Ahsoka Tano-Skywalker.

***

"Hey Skyguy," the holographic image of Ahsoka greeted with a smile. "I'm coming over now, I'll be there in around fifteen minutes."

"That's great, Snips. I can't wait to see you again."

"Neither can I. See you soon!"

As the Togruta's image fizzled out, the excitement of the situation finally sunk in. "Angel!" Anakin called. "Ahsoka's gonna be here in around fifteen. I'm just realized how nervous I am. I haven't seen my sister in years."

"It just shows how much you love her, Anakin," smiles Padmé. "We'll do it together, every step of the way." Skywalker wrapped his arm across his wife's shoulder, both fantasizing about the moment when Ahsoka would say agree. It would be one of the happiest moments of their lives.

***

Ding dong!

The melodic sound of the doorbell echoed through the Skywalker household, signalling a new arrival.

Anakin and Padmé glanced at each other, eyes shining with excitement.

This was it. The big moment had finally arrived.

Making their way towards the door, both husband and wife prepared to greet the girl they'd come to love so dearly. The door handle slowly creaked open, and as the figure on the other side revealed themselves, the couple immediately drew her into a tight embrace.

Ahsoka was back.

***

Her Force signature radiated unwavering confidence. In the past few years, she'd grown - not just in height, but in personality as well. The kindness and loyalty that shone in her vivid blue eyes was unmistakable. Yet those same eyes were wise; for someone her age, she'd seen too much. For someone as close to Ahsoka as Anakin and Padmé were, these minuscule changes were everything.