Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 2

"Ahsoka..." Anakin said, no longer feigning concern. Genuine worry began to seep in. "You grabbed your shoto saber, not your main one..."

Ah. It had felt much smaller than her main emerald-bladed weapon. Now she knew why.

"It's fine," Ahsoka said, brushing the problem off. "I'll still participate in the duel."

"You are at an extreme disadvantage, Snips. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not. I'm only going to lose every time, and after I get defeated, it's just one more thing for you to tease me about. No trouble," Ahsoka drawled.

Anakin rolled his eyes at the young Togruta as he made the first move.

***

Despite being incredibly short-handed, the Togrutan Padawan fought incredibly well, even with only a shoto to fight with. Given, she did use some dirty tricks, but that is not spoken about.

"Not bad," Skywalker remarked, panting heavily as his saber blade retracted with a hshiik!— Ahsoka had put up quite the interesting fight, and had even managed to stalemate her Master once or twice.

"Thank you, Master." the Togrutan Padawan replied, as she, too, retracted the bright yellow beam of light into its hilt. "Breakfast? It's buffet day today."

"Oh heck yes," Anakin exclaimed. "Let's go! I'm starving."

***

Ahsoka's plate was full, and her stomach reacted to the wafting aromas by growling loudly at her. "Medium rare fried eggs, bacon, avocado toast, yogurt and a cup of orange juice," she announced as she sat down across Anakin at their usual table. "What'd you get?"

"That sounds great, Snips! I got eggs Benedict, a double chocolate muffin, bacon and a mango smoothie. Shall we?"

"We shall."

As the lids on both Jedi's breakfast trays opened, they couldn't wait any longer as they dove into their hearty breakfast.

***

Anakin was busy cutting apart his egg when a small scuffling sound came from the other side of his tray. What the?

He turned around just in time to see a flash of orange and silver retreating to the other side of the table. "Ahsoka," he grumbled in irritation, "why did you steal my bacon??"

The Togrutan Padawan never had been a good liar, but the tripping guilt clearly written on her face did not help her case. "I- I didn't!" Ahsoka exclaimed, eyes darting around furtively, looking for someone to blame. "See?" She exclaimed suddenly, as she stood up on her bench, pointing at the wall in the back of the room. "I saw someone run over there!"

The young Knight's head whipped around- unfortunately, he'd fallen for Ahsoka's trick. In a millisecond, she'd managed to stab the rest of his bacon from the rest of his plate.

Anakin glared at her! "You slippery little-" he began, until he realized there was nothing left in the bacon section of his plate. "Ahsoka!" He nearly screeched through clenched teeth.

She simply smiled innocently — before bolting out the door, leaving the mess hall roaring in laughter as Anakin jumped out of his seat, racing after the bacon thief.

***

In short, Ahsoka's stamina had run out. She was left gasping for air, having sprinted non-stop for fifteen minutes straight. Her legs burned, they felt like as if they were on fire as her tendons ached, and her feet began to grow sore. She was in no position to move as she felt Anakin come closer, probing the area for her familiar Force signature. There was no escape this time.

***

Anakin widened his senses as he scanned the area for his Padawan's familiar presence — and there she was, he'd found her. She was so in for it this time.

"Ahsoka, I found- huh?" The young Skywalker tilted his head sideways in confusion as he stared down at the scene before him. His apprentice, scrawled in the floor, apparently fast asleep. Not that he could blame her, seeing as to how late she'd slept last night- well, it was her fault. He'd warned her multiple times, but like it was in her "let's-disobey-my-Master" part of her nature, she didn't listen. She was fast asleep, and didn't plan on waking up anytime soon.

Her punishment would have to wait, then, Anakin decided as he scooped her up bridal style, carrying her all the way to their quarters.

***

"Sweet dreams, Snips," Anakin told her, rubbing a thumb across the back of her hand. "I still won the bet, the debate and I've got a recording- see?" He asked nobody in particular, taking out the holo-device that was still recording, "Being the amazing Master that I am, I'll also permit you to skip classes — just this once — nothing more, nothing less. See you when you wake up."

Just as Anakin turned off the holopad recording, he felt an ominous message pop into his inbox. There was something wrong, he knew it.

—————

Re: Math Class Attendance
From: macewindow@jediorder.com
To: anakin.skywalker7@jediorder.com

Email body:

Where is Ahsoka Tano, Skywalker?

—————

A/N: hello lol, I'll leave you on a cliffhanger here, because I have no idea where I'm going with this anymore— first drafts, amiright? But that email tho 😳😳👀

Also, for all HP fans out there, y'all are really gong to enjoy the next update :))

Byeee!

- Jazzy