"The Wrong Jedi" Arc Alternate Ending

"Ahsoka, I am so, sorry... for everything."

"You have our most humble apologies, Little Soka."

"You have shown such great strength and resilience in your struggle to prove your innocence."

"This was actually your great trial. Now we see that. We understand the Force works in mysterious ways, and you've become a greater Jedi than you would have otherwise."

"Back, into the Order, you may come."

"They're asking you back, Ahsoka. I'm asking you back."

Time seemed to slow down, to stop as the tenseness in the Council Chamber crescendoed, waiting for the young Jedi to make her decision.

Ahsoka gently closed Anakin's palm, letting his fingers curl onto the braid with her hands atop his.

"I'm sorry, Master. But I'm not coming back."

***

"Ahsoka! Ahsoka wait, I need to talk to you! Why, are you doing this?"

"The Council didn't trust me! So how can I trust myself?"

"I-" Anakin began, wondering how he was going to answer that question. Before he had figured out a way to respond, however, his older brother's instincts took over instead. "Come here, Snips," he whispered hoarsely as she all but fell into his open arms, sobbing. "Ahsoka," he sighed, wrapping his arms around her petite frame, "There are some Jedi who will disappoint us. Always." His hand gently nuzzling her lekku, he let his chin rest in the valley between her montrals. "The Council's trust in you was terribly misplaced. However, your confidence should never rely on how much others trust you. Only you can give the best analysis about yourself, your skill, and your talent. Don't let other's negative opinions sway you. You've saved Obi-Wan and I countless times. You're brave and wise. Don't let others' bias cloud your judgment, Ahsoka, it isn't worth it."

Anakin paused for a moment before continuing. "You don't have to stay here, no matter how much it pains me to say so. You may no longer be by my side once you walk down those steps, but you will always reserve a special place in my heart." 

"And you, Anakin," Ahsoka sniffled, "I don't want to leave you either."

Anakin simply nodded, pensive as he relished in the love and warmth pulsating from Ahsoka's side of their Force bond. "What if you came to live with us?" he asked after a moment of contemplation.

"I- what?"

"Come live with us."

"I couldn't possibly! And, who's us?"

Ahsoka wasn't sure how red a human's face could turn, but she was sure the amount of shy scarlet on her Master's face was not healthy.

"Snips, you can't tell anyone," Anakin hissed through clenched teeth. "or I'll be expelled from the Order!"

"Is it really that seri-" The Togruta's eyes widened as the dots connected before her eyes. The close friendship between her Master and Senator Amidala. His playful flirting. Risk of expulsion.

"Are you and Senator Am-"

"Shhh!"  he stage-whispered. "Keep your voice down!"

Ahsoka winced. "Sorry! But are you and Senator Amidala.... married?"

Glancing around furtively, Anakin nodded. "Yes, we are. Padmé has a multi-roomed apartment not too far from here, you could stay with us."

"Won't I be a burden to you guys?" This earned Ahsoka a dramatic eye-roll.

"Always so polite, Ahsoka. But no, you won't be. We already consider you as part of our family."

"That's very kind of you, I would love to."

And from that day on, Anakin and Padmé Skywalker had a new addition to their small, happy family: Ahsoka Tano-Skywalker.

***

A/N: this is how I think (hope) how "The Wrong Jedi" Arc would've ended if Anakin convinced Ahsoka to not completely leave his life... before she said, "without the Council... and without you." Because I believe at that point, her decision was made; she was not going back. She loves Anakin as a brother just as much as he loves her like a little sister. But yeah, hope you enjoyed this 700-ish-words one-shot I sacrificed two hours worth of sleep for :p

- Jazzy