Unwelcome Observations

hey everyone! so this is a sliightly darker oneshot (dw there's still plenty of fluff in the end) that, TW, has some sexual harassment/inappropriate leering. nothing graphic, but still, please read at your own risk and comfort!

***

Anakin really, really hated large-scale social events, especially political ones hosted by the Senate. Long periods of non-stop socialization with people he hardly knew were draining enough in itself, but having to be the Council's poster boy even outside of his regular working hours was absurd. Thank the maker for Ahsoka. Without her, he doesn't know what he'd do.

No, he lied. He would be going insane, that's what.

Politics had never really been his thing anyway; he much preferred sparring with Obi-Wan, chilling with Ahsoka, or spending time with Padmé.

Speaking of Senator Amidala, she had left them not too long ago to debate the long-term effects of a new bill that was being proposed by certain key Mid-Rim worlds, and Obi-Wan was off Force-knows-where (but probably having a much better time in the Temple than he and Ahsoka were having here). So that left the two of them to fend for themselves against a pack of vulture-like politicians.

Another thing he's come to hate about politicians: they almost always have some kind of ulterior motive.

So when a particularly shady-looking senator from some far Outer Rim planet turned his attention to them, Anakin was wary, to say the least.

"Ah, the infamous Anakin Skywalker," he drawled. "You have quite the reputation."

"Good to know that my handsomeness is spreading to even the most uncivilized corners of this galaxy."

The senator snarled, the sound almost feral as his condescending sneer turned into rage. "Why you-"

"Master!" Ahsoka chided, tugging on his arm. "Don't go around making enemies for yourself."

The politician's glare turned into a morbid delight as his eyes landed on the young Togruta apprentice. "Look what we have here," He crooned. "Skywalker's got himself a little pet. Now tell me, Master Jedi, is she useful? Or is she just arm candy, for nothing more than looks?" His eyes roamed greedily over Ahsoka. "She certainly is a pretty little thing." (good god i almost vomited writing this)

Ahsoka, to her credit, refused to be intimated by a power-abusing creep. She stood her ground and bared her sharp canines in a guttural growl.

"She's so much more than you'll ever be, you filthy piece of scum!"

Heads swivelled in their direction, but that did nothing to deter Anakin, who stood defensively in front of his apprentice. "You forget, that as a Master Jedi, I have all the influence I need to get you thrown out of this party and forever barred from showing your face on Coruscant again."

The half-wit clearly still hadn't gotten the message. How he ever managed to become a senator, Anakin would never know. "Are you threatening me? I am an influential- hnrg!"

"You'll lose what little influence you have when people learn you spend your free time making inappropriate comments towards children, monster," Skywalker snarled, lifting the Senator off his feet and slowly, painfully, crushing down on his windpipe.

Every guest was watching the exchange by now (was that quiet cheering he heard for the scumbag senator's downfall?), and to ensure he got his message across, Anakin ignited his lightsaber and swiftly brought it up to the politician's throat. His voice dropped to a deadly whisper. "If I ever catch you saying such things to my Padawan or anyone else again... there will be consequences."