Headcanon: In The Bedroom Down The Hall

hello! so i didn't wanna write this in the actual chapter (posted alr! go check it out once ur done reading this ^^) bc i wanted you all to just take a breath, get into the mood, and start reading the chapter content right away without having to get through a lengthy a/n describing the setup first. so this is me getting the technical stuff done here. it'll make more sense as you read ^^

after the events of the wrong jedi, ahsoka, against her better judgment, would accept the council's offer to return to the order. she would, however, remain as anakin's padawan for the time being since she still had a few more months before she was eligible to take her knighting trials. during this time, she would return to their shared quarters and live there as usual. 

i imagine shared quarters between master and apprentice to be like a tiny apartment, with a small common area (a minuscule kitchen & dining room, 2 small couches, a small table and a holo-tv). then, there's a veeerry short hallway with two bedrooms down the hall from each other and a fresher at the end of the hall. 

so if it were to be sketched, it'd look a little something like this: 

so now you kinda can see the "bedroom down the hall" concept.

after everything that's happened, things won't be going back to normal anytime soon for ahsoka, and maybe they won't ever. her trust in the council and the order as a whole is irrevocably shattered, her friendship with anakin is now shaky at best, and she's nowhere near as social as she used to be, no longer spending much time with rex and the boys. 

every evening, after dinner, anakin and ahsoka would get into a heated argument about what happened, what they both think should've happened, possible resolutions, etc, but there was never much agreement and neither would come out as "victorious". the fissure between them would deepen, and with every passing disagreement, she closed herself up even more. she eventually leaves the order for good. 

she doesn't bother packing any of her stuff, leaving anakin to do what he chooses with it. 

he has a lot of conflicting feelings (as shown in the coming chapter) and even though she's left, ahsoka does too. 

so with this all out of the way, enjoy this next chapter "in the bedroom down the hall" :,)

ps: extra points to those who get the deh reference >:D