Chapter 73 - Overwhelming

As the team continued to fend off the oncoming attack from Jason's men, Steve's main priority continued to be Hannah's safety, a fact which hadn't gone unnoticed by Hannah herself.
"Steve, I am literally right next to you, you can see I'm fine, you don't have to keep looking over every 10 seconds," Hannah yelled from her position just across from Steve, shooting 3 of Jason's men in quick succession as she spoke.
"Fully aware Han, just trying to keep you safe," Steve shouted back, pulling his shield up over his head in order to avoid incoming bullets from men stationed on the mezzanine floor of the room.
"Han?!  I could really use some back-up up here, you fancy jumping in the suit again and lending a hand?"  Tony questioned from the air above them.
It was no secret that the team were outnumbered by an alarming degree, but still, none of them were going down without a fight, and they sure as hell weren't willing to give up their powers to Meyers.
"On it Tone!"  Hannah spoke loudly into her comms as she ran back over to the abandoned Iron Man suit she'd arrived in.  Before the suit closed around her, however, she looked directly at Steve, "I'll be fine, keep fighting down here."  With a quick flash of a smile, the suit closed around Hannah, and she quickly shot into the air.

The fight continued for quite some time, before Jason called over the 2 men who were stationed in front of him, ensuring none of the fire from the fight was hitting him.
"Bring me the Captain, whatever it takes, however many men we have to lose, overwhelm him and bring him to me, I have a plan for him," Jason instructed the men, relaying a plan that had been forming in his head since the night he'd broken into Avengers Tower.  He needed the plan to go as smoothly as possible, but he knew the Captain could easily overthrow him, and to Jason, his own men were considered disposable, so he didn't care if they were attacked, or even killed, completing their mission, just so long as it was completed.
The 2 men wasted no time in relaying the plan over comms, ensuring everyone of their team knew what to do, ensuring none of them would slip up.  It was no secret that attacking the Avengers air defence would be difficult, but it was nothing they hadn't dealt with before, and they were managing just fine at keeping the team busy with their current attacks.  Once the message had been relayed to the entirety of the group, it was time to launch the enhanced attack on the Avengers.
"GO!" Jason screamed over the sound of the fighting, signalling to his men that it was time to attack.
The Avengers' heads darted around the room in confusion, barely having time to register what was happening before each of them were overwhelmed.  Large groups of over 20 men focused solely on one member of the group, ensuring that each of them had their own problems to deal with, preventing them from fighting together as a group, instantly weakening their defence.
"What the hell is going on?!"
"There's too many of them!"
"We can't fight this many on our own!"
There were shouts and screams coming from different members of the group, leaving Hannah unable to differentiate between the different voices.  They were all overwhelmed, and Hannah had no idea what Jason's plan was, but the moment she caught sight of him, with a smirk painted across his face, she knew whatever it was, it was working.
"HAN!"
The only voice Hannah knew instantly was hollering over comms.  Steve.  Hannah did everything she could to get a clear view of him around Jason's men, and when she did, what she saw terrified her more than she ever thought it could.  There were more men surrounding Steve than any other member of the group, and they'd already managed to rip the shield from his grasp, and somehow pull his helmet off.  Their attack was only getting more vicious the more Steve fought them off.  The only problem was, the men attacking Hannah were making it impossible for her to get to him, and it would be the same whether she was wearing an Iron Man suit or not.  And the same was true for the rest of the team.  All she felt was defenceless, like her she was trying to swim but her hands were tied.  She felt like she was drowning.
"Someone get to Cap!"  Tony yelled over comms.
"We can't Stark, there's too many of them!  Where the hell did they all come from?!" Bucky retaliated.
Hannah couldn't see any of them from where she was in the air, and before she knew it, even that was a fact which was in question.  One of the repulsors in her boot had been shot out, and stability wasn't an option.  Either she continued to fight in the air and risk being grounded on Jason's terms, or she stopped now and moved to the ground on hers.  She decided the second option gave her more time to work out a plan to help Steve, who she'd lost sight of once again, a problem which wasn't going to be improved by moving to ground level, but she did it anyway.