Chapter 52 - Ice Cold

Steve awoke suddenly to a bucket of ice water being poured over his head. He had no idea where he was or how he got there, he just knew that his head was throbbing, and his arms and legs were strapped to the chair he was sat on.

"Nice to see you're awake, Captain." Meyers said as he slowly emerged from the shadows.
Steve struggles against the straps that were holding him down, becoming aware that there was a piece of fabric tied around his head, preventing him from being able to speak. Eyebrows furrowed, Steve glared at Jason, wondering what his plan was.
"Not so fast, Captain. You're not going anywhere just yet." Jason said with a smirk. "I suppose you're wondering why you're here? Well, you were the best trap we could think of for your little costumes gang."
Steve let out a low growl as Jason moves closer towards him, leaning down to whisper in his ear.
"And having you here means we can have some fun with you before they find us. Undo the straps." Jason commanded his men.

Once the last strap had been removed from around Steve's head, one of Jason's men violently pushed him off the chair and onto the floor.
"You won't hurt them Meyers! They're too strong for you!" Steve yelled, beginning to get up.
"Ah yes, because they did such a great job against me last time."
Jason nodded as he finished his sentence. As he did so, one of his men walked forward, taser stick in hand, and forcefully jabbed it into Steve's side. Steve yelled out in pain, crumbling back to the floor.
"Your team are a man down Captain. I'd especially like to see them beat me without you. Oh, and there's a lot more pain where that came from."

Jason backed away from Steve as his men converged on the super soldier, punching, kicking and tasing him. One even drawing a knife in an attempt to inflict as much pain on the Captain as humanly possible. Steve's arms instinctively flew up to protect his face and head. Without the shield, Steve's torso was taking hits.

"Do what you want with him," Jason said, speaking to the 10 of his men currently surrounding Steve. "Just make sure you keep him alive. The plan won't work without him."