Chapter 12 - Man down

After running for a few minutes, it became clear that the earlier power cut has meant everyone had become disorientated, something which was making it reasonably hard to find the way back to the quinjet.
"Right," Steve said suddenly making the other three stop dead in their tracks. "We need to work out where we're going before we start moving again."
"Agreed," the others all said in unison.
Before anyone could say anything else, a bullet was fired at the ceiling and they all ducked.
"They just don't give up do they?!" Sam said in a sarcastic tone, making Bucky laugh slightly.
"Did you really think you could get away that easily Hannah?" The man at the front of the group said.
"Well there's no chance of me staying here for a second longer. Sorry to shatter your illusions." Hannah said with a smirk.
"Fine, have it your way."
The man fired his gun again but at the group this time and so did the group of Hydra agents behind him.

The group mostly began their attack the same way they did with the last group of agents, but this time there was a lot more dodging of bullets involved.

When the rest of the agents had been taken down, Hannah walked over tithe leader of the group who was being pinned down by a reasonably pissed off looking Bucky.
"I'll take it from here if that's okay," Hannah said as she placed a hand on Bucky's shoulder as a signal that she could handle it.
Bucky willingly moved out of the way and Hannah took over by pinning the agent down.
"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't put an icicle through your heart?"
The man smirked, "After all we've been through Hannah? Go on, try it, I dare you. But I warn you Hannah, you have no idea what's about to hit you. All of you!" He said with a laugh.
"I think I'll take my chances." Regardless, you can't do anything if you're as dead as your agents."
The man laughed as Hannah used her powers to put a shard of ice through his heart.
His body went limp and Hannah stood up and turned around.
"Well, that was different," Hannah said while giving the three men a small smile.
They all returned the smile before there was a loud and sudden bang.

Hannah turned round quickly with wide eyes just in time to see the man's hand fall to the floor along with his gun as his eyes closed.

Hannah spun back round to look at the others. Sam and Bucky both shook their heads to show they hadn't been hit. That was when Hannah saw Steve crumble to the floor out of the corner of her eye.

Sorry it's been so long since I last wrote anything guys, I really hope you like this chapter and I promise I'll get the gang out of the Hydra base soon, potentially in the next chapter :0) xx thank you for reading, nearly at 1K reads now xx