Chapter 69 - Infiltration

"Tony," Steve whispered from behind the other group. "What's the status on the base?"
"Hey Cap, minimal movement, about 8 guys patrolling the area.  Not looking like it's gonna be easy to get in.  Barnes, please tell me you brought the right gun?"  Tony questioned, turning to face Steve's team.
"'Course I did Stark, what do you take me for?"  Bucky said sarcastically as he took his sniper gun off his back.
"Get in position Buck, don't shoot 'till I give you the all clear," Steve ordered as he stayed crouched next to Tony.  "Han, any chance you can tap into the security system of the base and knock it out?  Han?"

...

Meanwhile, Hannah was still on her way to the base when Steve's voice came over the coms.
"Han?!"  Steve shouted, concern growing in his voice.
"Jarvis, take out background noise!"
"Done, Miss Hannah."
"Thanks.  Umm, Steve?"
"Finally, you okay?  We need you to try and knock out the security system of the base, we need a way in, under the radar."
"Yeah, I'm fine.  On it now."
"Thanks Han, we'll start moving towards the entrance, but we won't go in till you give us the all clear.  Good luck."
"You too, stay safe."

Hannah knew that was a close one, and frankly, she had no idea how she was going to manage to do what Steve had asked while she was in transit.
"Jarvis, can yo-"
"Already on it, Miss Hannah, just focus on getting to them.  It shouldn't take much longer, around 10 minutes at the most."
"Perfect, thanks Jarvis."

...

"Okay team, Buck, you stay up here, on my signal, take out the patrol guards.  Thor and Hulk, you stay with him.  The rest of you are with me.  We're gonna move down the hill, towards the base.  Once Hannah's tapped into the security system, she'll knock out their cameras and we'll be clear to move in.  At that point, Bucky, Thor and Hulk, you'll move towards the base and follow us in.  All clear?  Let's move."
"Steve?! Security cameras are down, you're clear to move!"  Hannah shouted over the intercom.
"Perfect, let's go team.  Han, keep an eye out for us, alert us of any anomalies."
"You got it! Be careful guys."
"We always are."  Steve replied, just as the group moved down the hill.  "Buck, NOW!"
In several swift movements, Bucky took out all 8 of the door guards, enabling the group to move unnoticed towards the base.  Each guard fell to the floor quickly, making minimal noise, but it was just loud enough to make Steve's heart skip a beat, but the anxiety was soon relieved when no other guards emerged from the building.

Once the team reached the entrance to the main building, they stopped to give Steve and Tony enough time to check for guards just inside the door.  When it was clear no one was around, Steve emerged and signalled for Bucky, Thor, and the Hulk to move to meet them.
Natasha lightly caught Steve by the arm, "This seems too easy, Steve.  It's gotta be a trap."
"I know, but it's a chance to take Meyers down, we've got to at least try Nat," Steve replied, eyebrows furrowed.

The team knew the risks, they were the same as every mission, but for Hannah's sake, they had to try.  Meyers had gone too far when he took Hannah's powers, and although Steve needed to keep a level head and focus on the mission, he wanted Meyers to feel just a small amount of the pain Hannah had had to go through, and he would stop at nothing to make sure he did.  Whatever the cost.