Chapter 44 - Eat Something

Steve lifted his head slowly from where it had been on Hannah's bed while he'd slept.  His back and neck hurt like hell due to the awkward position he'd slept in, but it was worth it to keep Hannah company.  He stretched himself out in an attempt to loosen his muscles.  While there had been no change to Hannah's condition, his phone had been going crazy all night with updates on Sam, making Steve glad Natasha had told him to put his phone on silent so he could sleep.
Having read the messages, he quickly called Natasha.
"Nat, I just saw your messages, what's going on?"  Steve questioned, standing up from his chair.
"The doctor's decided to put Sam in an induced coma, so he can heal properly.  There was a small amount of internal bleeding that they needed to sort out while he was in surgery as well.  He eventually got to a room at about 3am this morning."  Natasha explained.
"God.  I didn't realise how bad it was.  I'm on my way down now, just let me grab my jack-."
"No, Steve, stay with Hannah.  She's gonna wake up first, and she shouldn't be alone when she does, you said so yourself.  The three of us are with Sam, and Clint is coming down with Thor in a while to check on both of them.  This is not your fault Steve, remember that."
"Okay Nat.  Just call me if there's any change."  Steve said, sitting back down in his chair, next to Hannah.
"We will.  Make sure you eat something Steve."  Natasha said, hanging up the call.

"Eat something.  Sure.  I guess I'll wait for Clint to come for that."  Steve said to a silent room, leaning back in his chair.
"Or you could go now."
Steve jumped at the raspy voice before looking at Hannah with wide eyes and a crooked smile.
"Cause ya know, eating is important."  Hannah said with a slight groan as the sunlight hit her eyes.
Steve let out a small, breathy laugh.  "Yeah, well, I had another priority.
The pair smiled at each other.  "So, how long have you been awake then?"  Steve questioned, continuing to smile.
"Long enough to know that you should go and visit Sam.  From what I could hear, he needs you more than I do right now."  Hannah said as she attempted to make herself comfortable in the bed.
"I just didn't want you to be alone.  Besides, Nat said she'd call to let me know when I should head down there."
"I'll let you off then.  But only... if you go and get me some decent food."  Hannah said with a cheeky smile.
"Vending machine down the corridor it is then."