Chapter 14 - Home again

After about 5 minutes of walking, well, running for Hannah who was still ahead of the rest of the group, she could finally see daylight. She jogged back to find the 3 men to show them which way to go.
"Good news guys, I found day light, finally," Hannah said with a smile.
"This place has been like a damn slalom course. Didn't even take me this long to find my way to the kitchen on my first day," Sam said with an exhausted tone to his voice.
Hannah smiled at Sam's comment.
"Want me to take over on propping up duty?" Hannah asked Bucky and Sam.
"No, it's okay, we got him," the pair agreed.
Hannah nodded okay.
"How come he hasn't healed yet like his leg did?" Hannah questioned.
Steve at this point was still fighting with consciousness, his eyes drifting shut ever so often, only to open again, slightly, soon after.
"He can't heal if the bullet is still in there. I'm assuming the one in his leg went straight through, right?"
Hannah nodded again.
"Well, at least now we can get him back to the jet and checked over at the tower. So if everyone felt like moving again right about now that'd be great!" Sam exclaimed, straining slightly under Steve's weight.
Bucky and Hannah both laughed.
"Sure Sam," Bucky said with a slight laugh."you know, you could always carry him on your own?" He said with a smirk.
"Ha ha, very funny Barnes. Just move your ass," Sam said with a sarcastic tone.

Hannah led the group out to the day light she had seen before. To her luck, the quinjet was parked right in front of them.
"Took you long enough! You know, we almost got worried!" Clint shouted from the ramp of the quinjet.
"Well you should have been. Steve got hit pretty bad. He's gonna need the bullet removed back at the base," Bucky said while he and San kept walking with Steve propped up between them.
"Damn," Clint said, walking towards the pair to take Steve's weight from San.
"And who's the young lady with you guys?" Tony asked from inside the jet.
"My name's Hannah. I guess I'll explain the rest back at the base. Just make sure Steve's okay first."
Tony looked to Bucky for an answer as to why she was there.
"Steve got shot in the leg, Hannah helped him get to us and then she found us all a way out. She's pretty good at kicking butt too." Bucky answered, adding the last sentence in as a side note to Tony.
Tony laughed at Bucky's remark. "Well, let's find out what she has to say for herself when we get back to the tower," Tony said, patting Bucky on the shoulder.