Chapter 36 - Done With This

On her way to Steve's room, Natasha's phone went off. When she looked at it, it was a text from Bucky.
"Don't go easy on him, will you?"
Natasha smiles at her phone before replying.
"Wouldn't dream of it..."

Natasha took a breath before throwing the door to Steve's room open.
"What the heck Steve?! What is wrong with you at the moment?! If you were like this with everyone who had ever done something wrong to you, you'd have no one left to talk to! I'd be locked up for that matter! Along with the WHOLE OF THE REST OF THE TEAM!"
Until that moment, Natasha hadn't properly looked at Steve, who was sat behind his desk with his head in his hands.
"Steve?" Natasha said in a softer tone, moving towards Steve and sitting down next to him.
"I know I'm out of line. It's just, I don't know. I told her things I haven't spoken about for a long time. I've never even thought about dancing with anyone since Peggy, until her, Nat. It just hurt me that she hadn't been so honest."
"Steve, if we expected everyone to be as honest with us as we are with them, we'd be expecting everyone to have the same morals, and unfortunately, that's never going to happen. You've spent the most time with her out of all of us, did she seem anything like Loki to you?"
Steve looked down at the floor, "No. she's nothing like him. I've been an idiot, haven't I?"
"Well, I didn't wanna say anything" Natasha said with a smirk, causing Steve to laugh in return.

Steve stood up and looked at Natasha.
"I'll see you later Nat. Thank you."
"I'm pretty sure you did most of that on your own Steve. But I'm here anytime. Come here." Natasha pulled Steve into a short hug.
"Right, go on then you. Get to fixing this."
Steve kissed Natasha on the head before turning and heading down to Hannah's cell. Maybe he could still fix this. Maybe.