Chapter 66 - Comms Check

"Secure channel 4?" Steve questioned into his ear piece.
"Channel 4 secure! How's the flight," Hannah responded through comms, sounding slightly flustered.
"The flight's fine, thanks Han. Don't be worried, you're gonna be fine," Steve said in an attempt to relax her slightly.
"Okay, okay, I got this!" Thanks Steve.
"No problem Han. Right, it should take us around 2 hours 45 to get to the location, so you can either go and grab something to eat, or you're more than welcome to stay on comms and keep us company during the flight. It's up to you."
"I'mma stay on comms, at least for briefing. I think it'll make me feel better if I know what the set-up is for the mission," Hannah responded.
"That's fine Han, I just wanna make sure you're okay. I'm just gonna do full briefing now, so you can listen in."

"Okay team, listen up," Steve said to the group, causing everyone's heads to turn and focus on the Captain. "We all need to be on top form today if we stand any chance of taking Meyers down. We can't let him get away again. We're going somewhere none of us have been before, so stick together. We're going in in 2 groups; Nat, Sam, and Bucky, you're coming with me. Thor, Bruce and Clint, you're going with Tony. Comms stay open the whole time, you need backup, you contact SHIELD via comms, anything else, contact Hannah. We need to show Jason that he can't win this. Whatever it takes. Good luck team."
"Good job Steve. I'm just sorry I couldn't be there with you guys," Hannah said through Steves earpiece.
"Thank you, Han. I know, but you're safer at the tower. Why don't you put some music on and I'll let you know when we get there, it might relax you slightly," Steve suggested, even though deep down he knew nothing was going to relax her, especially when she couldn't keep a literal eye on the team. He was her eyes on this mission, and bringing everyone back in one piece was, as always, a priority.
"Yeah, okay, I'll do that. Thanks Steve, I'll talk to you in a bit," Hannah responded before temporarily shutting off her end of the comms, meaning she could still hear the team, but they couldn't hear her.

"Han okay Steve?" Natasha mentioned, appearing from behind Steve as he sorted out his gloves.
"Yeah, she's just worried that's all, and annoyed that she wasn't allowed on the mission. I told her to go and listen to some music to relax until we land."
"That's probably for the best. It's only natural to be worried about your team Steve, you'd know that better than anyone. She'll be okay, as will we," Natasha said in an attempt to reassure Steve.
"Thanks Nat," Steve said with a small smile.
Natasha placed her hand on Steve's shoulder before returning to her seat next to Bucky.

...

Back at the tower, Han was making full use of Jarvis as a distraction tool, using him somewhat like you would an Alexa.
"Jarvis, can you play Bucky's relax playlist for me? Natasha suggested that it might help when I get anxious."
"Of course, Miss Hannah," Jarvis replied as he began to play the music over the office intercom. "Try not to worry too much about Captain Rogers and the team, Miss, they're quite familiar with this particular type of mission."
"Thank you, Jarvis. I guess I'm letting my nerves get the better of me. It's just that I know what Jason's capable of, and I'm worried about what he might do next to try to get to me," Hannah explained, shoulders drooping slightly as she stared blankly at the screen in front of her that was full of mission information.
"Fear not, Miss Hannah, the tower is well fortified against any attack, with security systems and defences tripled since the last attack. He won't hurt you here, I can assure you of that."
"Much appreciated Jarvis, thank you," Hannah said with a smile before reclining back in the chair, closing her eyes and focusing on the music.
She hoped so badly that she could relax and focus on her part of the mission, but she was so worried about the team. Despite knowing that they could absolutely handle themselves, she feared what Jason may have up his sleeve next, and what that may mean for the team.