Chapter 29 - Too Much?

Hannah stood in the doorway of her wardrobe, staring at the racks, upon racks of clothes that hung in front of her eyes.
"Why did you have to be so good at shopping Rogers?" She said to herself.

As Tony was sourcing the masks for the ball, all Hannah had to worry about was an outfit, which it appeared was easier said than done. Steve had been far more thorough than she'd expected when he purchased new clothes for her.

After around half an hour of looking, Hannah had all but given up. She had just sat down on the chair in the sitting room, when something caught her eye draped on the other chair.

Hannah walked over to the chair and picked up the item along with a piece of paper.
          'From Natasha xx'
was all it read. Hannah turned the note over, but nothing else was written there.
"Hmm. Thanks Nat," she said to herself, before walking off to try it on.

- - - - -

Meanwhile on the main floor of the tower, Steve and Sam had already changed.
"So, what's happening between you and Hannah?"
"I don't know what you mean Sam. Hannah is a great girl. I've enjoyed getting to know her." Steve said, blushing slightly.
"Oh, come on man! I've seen the way you look at her. That's not just friends."
"She's just a friend, I swear." Steve let out a long sigh. "I haven't felt this way since Peggy, Sam. But, I don't know, I've only know her a few days." Steve explained, sitting forward and putting his head in his hands.
Sam put his hand on Steve's shoulder. "Love is complicated like that Steve, it doesn't always come along when we expect it to, but it does come along when we need it."
"Thanks Sam." Steve said as he looked up with a smile.

Just as Steve finished his sentence, and most of the other Avengers had reached the main floor, the elevator pinged, and a tall, slender figure stepped out. Steve's mouth fell open when he realised who it was.

Hannah stepped out of the elevator in a figure hugging black, strapless jumpsuit, with a 'V' cut out of the neckline and flared trouser legs. On her feet, she wore rose gold, heeled sandals. She felt great, but somewhat overdressed, that wasn't because of the others, more because of the t-shirts and jeans combo she had to stick with for the past few years.

Every head whipped round in awe as she came out of the elevator. Steve walked towards her and stopped just in front of her.
"You look phenomenal Han. I didn't buy you that, did I?"
"No, Nat did. I found it in my sitting room when I went back up there. Is it too much?"
"No! Absolutely not! Come on, let's join the briefing." Steve said as he held his arm out for Hannah to take.
"Thank you Steve. You don't look so bad yourself," Hannah said, earning a shocked smile from Steve.
Now to see what was in store for them all on this mission.