Chapter 64 - Interruption

Hannah was nervous, she wasn't going to try to convince herself otherwise.  Sure the team had SHIELD on comms too, but she was their main source of back-up.  If the team needed anything, they'd go to her first, which meant that if she got anything wrong, the team was at risk.  Maybe Fury was right, maybe she was too close to all of this to be useful. No.  She had to push that out of her mind and focus on the mission.

Not long after Hannah had finished opening every piece of information the SHIELD team had sent her, there was a knock on the door.  When she turned around, a smile formed across her face.
"Is this Captain Steve I'm talking to, or just Steve?" Hannah joked as she stood up and walked over to the door.
"Just Steve, but in the uniform.  You okay?"
"Yeah, I'll be fine.  Worried about my boyfriend and his team but-" Hannah stopped herself short of finishing her sentence. "I haven't called you that before have I?"
"No, but you see, I was gonna let it slide because it made me happy," Steve explained, a cheeky smile forming at the corner of his mouth.
"Well, that's okay then." Hannah smiled, never breaking eye contact with Steve.
The pair maintained eye contact for another beat, before Steve's hand slipped behind Hannah's head.  His head came down slightly so he was level with Hannah's eyeline. The pair's lips connected as they shared their first kiss.  Neither of them wanted it to end but never the less, they pulled away after a long moment and looked at each other.
"Haven't done that before either," Steve said as he smiled down at Hannah.
"You're right, but if this mission goes right, hopefully we'll get to do it again," Hannah said with a grin, stretching up to kiss Steve again.

Suddenly, there was a loud cough from the door, causing the pair to break apart and quickly turn around.
"Sorry to tear you two away from each other, but we've got a mission to do, Cap," Tony said with a smirk, from his position leaning against the door frame.
"Yes, of course, on my way.  Good luck Han, you'll be fine," Steve said with a smile before turning to walk to the elevator.
"Yeah, good luck Han! Keep us safe out there kiddo!" Tony said with a smile.
"Thanks Steve.  Will do Tone! Stay safe guys!" Hannah called after them. "Right, come on Han, you got this!"