Chapter 38 - Sorry... again

"Han!" Tony said as Hannah and Steve stepped out of the elevator, and proceeded to launch himself into a hug, "I am so, so sorry for misjudging the situation."

Hannah looked over Tony's shoulder to see Steve quietly corpsing with laughter in the corner of the room. She rolled her eyes at the super soldier's actions before replying. "It's okay Tony, I understand," she said, pulling out of the hug to smile at Tony.

Hannah gestured towards the group as a whole. "I understand why all of you reacted in the way you did. My Dad hurt a lot of you, in some way."

"Good to have you back Han," Clint replied.

"Thanks Clint."

The team smiled at Hannah before talking amongst themselves once they'd sat down at the table in the centre of the room.

Tony whispered in Hannah's ear, "You forgiven Capsicle yet?"

"Yeah. He wrote a note and slid it under my door. Besides, how can anyone say no to the puppy dog eyes?" Hannah smirked at Tony.

"Oh! You got the puppy dog eyes?! Wow Han! I didn't know he was that sorry! Geez!"

The pair laughed for a moment before Hannah went over and took a seat next to Steve so Tony could start the actual meeting.

"Right! Now that everyone's here, we need to talk about the matter at hand, Jason Myers." As Tony said that, a photograph of Jason at the party the other night popped up on the screen. "We all know he got away, and we know he only did that because he threatened the lives of the civilians at the party. So, we need to find him." The team nodded in agreement at the facts that Tony was stating, even if they were all pretty obvious.

What the team couldn't see though, was Steve taking Hannah's hand under the table and squeezing it reassuringly. He knew this guy terrified her, and he didn't want her to feel alone again, like he had not long before.

"So, I've set Jarvis to track him. It could take days, weeks, months even. But this slimy asshole is not getting past us again, or so help me."

Hannah looked to Steve with a slight look of fear on her face, to which she was met with reassuring eyes and Steve's wonky left sided smile.

"So, in the meantime, hang tight team, we'll get him."

As the group began to leave to carry out their various plans for the day, Tony caught Hannah and Steve to talk to them.

"Um, Han. Steve and I thought it might be best if, while Jason is still out there, you stick with one of us? Just when you go out! We know you can handle yourself, but just so you have back-up, in case of emergency."

The two men looked to Hannah for her view on things.

"Yeah. That sounds like a good idea. It'll be nice to spend time getting to know the whole team properly anyway." Hannah said with a smile.

"Great! I'll see you two later then, I have a lunch date with Pep."

"See ya Tone," the pair said in unison.

Hannah and Steve both left the meeting room and made their way back to the main floor.

"So, what are your plans for the day?" Hannah asked.

"I don't really have any. You?"

"Well, considering I thought I was still going to be in that cell, I neglected to make any." Hannah replied with a smirk, earning a chuckle from Steve.

"Sarcy. Well, I know a little café on 5th Avenue if you're hungry?" Steve questioned.

"Doesn't sound cheap."

"No, but you're worth it, and count it as my extended apology. Besides, Tony's paying." Steve said as he took out his 'company' credit card.

"Deal!"