Chapter 48 - Poisonous Macaroni?

It was the day after she'd left hospital, and Hannah's mind was lost in a book, something she'd never really had time to do, so the change was nice. Maybe there were perks to bed rest after all. Steve had taken Hannah's advice and rested, meaning she hadn't seen him all day, but she didn't mind, he was exhausted when they got back to the tower, so she was glad he was relaxing.

Her reading session was soon interrupted by a light knock on the door.
"Come in," Hannah said, putting her book down on the bed next to her.
A blonde head popped round the door with a small smile on its face.
"Can I interest you in a movie by any chance?" Steve said with a smile, moving his hand around the door to reveal 2 movies. "I wasn't sure if you'd like horror or something light, so I brought both. Along with," Steve said as he fully opened the door, "dinner! I'm not a great cook, and it might make you feel worse rather than better, but I figured I'd give it a go and attempt not to give you food poisoning by going with Mac and cheese?"
Hannah chuckled, pushing herself up slightly in the bed. "Sound great Steve. Don't worry, I can't cook either. Oh, and the Disney movie is fine, I can't handle horror movies, despite my past." Hannah said with a smile.
"Thank god, I hate horror movies too!" Steve chuckled, walking across the room, placing the DVD's on the cabinet as he walked past before grabbing the lap tray next to Hannah's bed and putting the food on it.
"Thanks Steve. It looks surprisingly good for someone who claims he can't cook."
"Ha, thanks Han. I'm happy to do it if it keeps your butt in bed!"
"Oh! You're a fine one to talk! How long was it you lasted?"
"Two days!"
"Two days! And that's only coz you were unconscious for one of them! You wriggle butt! Do you even know what relaxation is?!" Hannah laughed. Doing this kinda thing with Steve brought a smile to her face. Neither of their insults were ever good, but they made the other laugh, so it did its job.

Once Steve had put the DVD in, he walked back over to the bed.
"Move over then you, I need somewhere to sit," Steve laughed as he ushered Hannah to the other side of the bed.
"Alright pushy! There's a perfectly good chair over there ya know!" Hannah smiled.
"Perfectly aware, but you look cold, and my body temperature is naturally warmer than other people's. Besides, that's my dinner too, and I can't share if I'm sat on the other side of the room now can I?" Steve said with a smirk as he settled down on top of Hannah's duvet. He didn't want to intrude by settling in under the covers.
"Oh is it now?! Well you should have cooked more food then!" Hannah joked. "And I'm always cold. Loki's daughter, remember."
"What does Loki have to do with you being cold?" Steve asked, one eyebrow raised impossibly high.
"Okay. If I show you this, you have to promise not to tell the others, okay? And you have to let me stand up, coz I don't wanna hurt you."
"Okay, you know you can trust me, right Han?" Steve said, puzzled.
"I know. Just trust me."

Hannah got out from under the covers of the bed, standing to the side of it, facing Steve. Slowly, her skin started to turn blue, showing her true form. Steve went to speak, a startled look on his face, but was quickly cut off by Hannah.
"Please don't freak out! I've never shown anyone this side of me before, Steve. But this is my true form. I'm a frost giant, like my Dad, of course he didn't know he was one when I was born, let alone about me being one too. I'm not the same height as a normal frost giant because my Mom was Asgardian, so I'm both."
"You're, you're blue." Steve sat slightly bemused, he had no clue what to say. "Sorry, that was stupid, I wasn't expecting that, that's all."
"I'm sorry Steve, I shouldn't have done this," Hannah said, looking at the floor, her skin slowly turning back, before she felt a pair of hands on her arms and she began turning blue again.
"I personally think it's pretty cool. And even though I'm not cool, and probably have no right to say the word cool, I am on this one occasion. You're beautiful Han. Blue or otherwise. Don't ever hide who you are just because other people may not see that." Steve said, meeting Hannah's eyes, and smiling.
"Thank you Steve. I just feel more comfortable looking like you guys. And I won't hide, promise. I found out by accident, I was playing when I was little, and I suddenly turned blue, Fury was the only one who I ever told, until you that is." Hannah smiled wide, feeling more relaxed than ever. "WAIT! How am I not hurting you?! If a non-frost giant touches a frost giant, their skin turns black and extremely painful!"
"What?!" Steve exclaimed, letting go of Hannah's arms, allowing her skin to change back to its normal state. "I don't feel a thing. I'm fine. Maybe it's my serum? I was frozen after all, and the ice didn't kill me."
"Maybe? Well, either way, I feel a lot better knowing it doesn't hurt you, and I can still be around you regardless of what form I take."
"Me too Han. And I'm glad you showed me. I feel honoured."
"Hehe. How about this movie then? And your potentially poisonous macaroni?"
"Hey!" Steve said, causing the pair to chuckle.

Hannah and Steve hopped back into the bed and snuggled down. Steve pressed play on the remote and the movie started. Hannah felt safe when Steve was there. The others would be back tomorrow, and then the chaos would resume. But right now, it was quiet. As Hannah snuggled into Steve slightly, fighting his fork off the Mac and cheese jokingly, she had a huge smile on her face, something she hadn't had in a long time.