Chapter 4 - Winding roads and finding homes

The team had disbanded a short while ago and most of the group had split off into pairs.  Everyone, that is, except Steve.  Normally Steve would go with Bucky but today Bucky had decided to go with Sam, leaving Steve on his own.  Which was fine.  Steve didn't need Bucky to hold his hand, anymore.

Just as Steve turned a corner, he became aware of a large group of Hydra's men blocking his path.
"Seriously?" Steve questioned, that was when all the men suddenly became aware of his presence.  With one swift throw of his shield, Steve was able to take out four men.  He then proceeded to catch his shield and begin his attack on the other men.  They were tougher to take down than Steve thought they were going to be, but he managed.

Once all of Hydra's men, the ones that he had encountered anyway, were either unconscious or in agony at his feet, Steve made his way further down the corridor.

When Steve had reached the end of the corridor, he came to a joining corridor with doors all along it. All of the doors had windows, but unlike the others, one of them had a hatch.  He suddenly became aware of someone behind him and it was only a short amount of time before a shot had been fired from the man's gun and Steve was on the floor.  A moment later, Steve's world went black and all the noise and pain was drained from his head.