Chapter 20 - Living Arrangements

After 20 minutes of going up and down in the elevator, Hannah finally had to resort to asking Jarvis for help in finding the lab. It wasn't that she was being stubborn in not asking Jarvis for help sooner, she had been trying to make herself learn her way around the labyrinth that was Avengers Tower.

Having reached the lab, Hannah thanked Jarvis and exited the elevator. She then knocked on the glass door to the lab to attract Tony's attention before pushing the door open.
"Han! Don't tell me you're a night owl too?!" Tony said with a smile while still tinkering with something on the work bench.
"No, I've been talking to Steve, lost track of time," she explained, returning Tony's smile.
"I see. So what can I help you with?"
"Umm, I haven't actually been assigned a room yet, and Steve sent me to get some sleep."
"Gosh, right, follow me, I'll show you to your room Han." Tony said as he put down what he was working on and made his way out of the lab with Hannah following closely behind.

The pair entered the elevator together before Tony hit the button to go to the 'guest floor' as Tony described it.
"Y'know, you should really put labels on the buttons. 'Coz right now, any new people won't have a clue where they're going."
"You got lost didn't you?" Tony said with a smirk, still facing towards the front of the elevator.
"I didn't say that. I'm just saying that any of your future guests might get lost." Hannah said, looking down at her hands.
Tony let out a small laugh. "I'll bare it in mind."

With that, the elevator came to a stop and the pair stepped out. Hannah's mouth fell open at the sight of the guest floor. Unlike what Hannah had expected it to be, which was separate bedrooms on this floor for multiple guests, it had in fact turned out to be a fully equipped floor for one guest or a group, much like the layout of Steve's floor.

The elevator led into the sitting area which featured a huge TV on the right hand wall as you looked at the room from the elevator. In front of the TV was a desk with a slim laptop and phone, presumably because the people who usually stayed here were here to discuss business with the Avengers.

The rooms which led off the sitting area were; a huge bedroom, bathroom, walk in wardrobe and a smaller room with a sink and table, presumably a kind of mini kitchen set up.

"You alright to look around kiddo? I wanna go check on Steve's stitches before he goes to sleep." Tony asked, leaning his back on the door frame.
"Yeah, that's fine Tony. I'll be fine."
"Awesome. Just let Jarvis know if you need anything and I can grab it for you. I don't get much sleep anymore anyway." Tony gave Hannah a smaller smile. He looked so broken, like his face was only telling half the story but his eyes were screaming for help.
"Are you sure you're okay Tony? Anything you wanna talk about?"
"No, I'm fine. Thanks though Hun. Right, Han, have a good sleep and I'll see you in the morning."

With one last smile, Tony jumped into the elevator and the doors shut behind him, meaning Hannah was alone again.

Hannah took another look around her sitting area before kicking off her trainers and running to the bedroom where she proceeded to flop onto the bed with a heavy sigh.

Hannah fell asleep almost instantaneously, thinking about how happy she was to finally be away from Hydra, and all the pain that went with them. She felt safer than ever at Avengers Tower, and she hoped the universe would let it stay that way.