Chapter 8 - Shoot out

"Take a left here!" Hannah yelled to Steve as they were running down the corridor.
The pair had managed to pick up some Hydra agents on their way but on the plus side, they'd managed to find Steve's shield, and he was moving a whole lot faster now.
"Duck," Steve mouthed at Hannah and the minute Hannah hit the floor, the shield went flying overhead and took out each one of the Hydra agents and then returned to Steve. Hannah quickly jumped up and jogged over to Steve who was waiting for her.
"So, left, right?" Just as Steve said this, the power went out. "Huh," Steve mutters.
"Unreliable generators I guess," Hannah said. Not that she'd know for sure as there was no light in her room. That's why her hair looked closer to her dad's black than the brown it should be.
"Come on, let's keep moving."

The pair had walked a bit further when Steve came into contact with a hard object and the sound of a gun's safety being clicked off. Steve instinctively raised his shield and Hannah moved behind him.
"State where you're from and your business here."
Steve instantly recognised the voice and lowered the shield.
"Brooklyn, and I was trying to take down this base and get this lovely lady to safety."
"Punk," Bucky said in an irritable tone.
"Jerk," Steve said with a smirk.
Bucky lowered the gun and pulled Steve into a hug.
"I'm here too ya know." Sam said from behind Bucky.
"Hey Sam. Guys, this is Hannah, she helped me with a gun shot wound I had, so try to be nice." Steve put his hand on Hannah's shoulder and she smiled, not that either of them could see anything.

For the first time in years, Hannah actually felt like someone wanted her.

And for the first time in years, Steve felt like he was falling in love, but was it too soon to say love when he hardly even knew her?