Chapter 37 - That Face

Steve walked down the long corridor to Hannah's cell, still wondering if he was making the right decision by forgiving her this quickly, but he quickly shook the feeling off when he got to the door. Steve leant down to the bottom of the door and took a piece of paper out of his jean pocket and slid it under the door.

Hannah was sat on the bed in her cell, with her head in her hands, when she heard a shuffling noise from under the door.

She sat round with her legs on the floor, a puzzled look on her face. She looked at the window. Seeing that no one was there, she slowly made her way over to the door, picked up the note and read it;

HAN,
I'M SORRY, FOR THE THINGS I DID, FOR THE THINGS I SAID, FOR EVERYTHING. I ACTED IRRATIONALLY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING.

WHEN TONY SAYS I HAVE OLD FASHIONED VALUES SOMETIMES, I GUESS HE'S RIGHT.

I WAS ANGRY BECAUSE OF YOUR FATHERS ACTIONS, BECAUSE IVE BEEN LIED TO BEFORE, BUT I SEE NOW YOU'RE DIFFERENT HANNAH, I SEE NOW YOU JUST WANTED TO FIT IN, JUST LIKE I DID.  I JUST NEEDED TO BE REMINDED OF THAT.

I'D UNDERSTAND IF YOU COULDN'T FORGIVE ME. I JUST NEEDED YOU TO KNOW THIS.

                   STEVE

P.S. LOOK AT THE DOOR BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION.

Once Hannah was done reading the letter, she looked back up to see Steve looking back at her through the window to her cell, with the biggest puppy dog eyes imaginable. Hannah couldn't stifle her laughter. She nodded at Steve and he opened the door.
"I'm so sorry Han." Steve said, looking down slightly to meet Hannah's gaze.
"Really? Y'know, I never would have got that, considering the letter and the expression on your face," Hannah replied with a smirk.
"You're so cheeky!" Steve replied, faking a hurt look.
"C'mere you," Hannah said, opening her arms and pulling Steve into a hug. "Of course you're forgiven," she whispered into his ear.
The pair broke apart.
"Thank you Han. I honestly have no idea what came over me. I judged you by the standards set by other people. The standards set by your Dad."
"Let's just start over. I'm happy to pretend this didn't happen if you are Steve."
"I'd like that. Thank you Han." Steve said with a smile, which was returned by Hannah. "C'mon, the others want to see you upstairs. You're gonna be hearing a hell of a lot more apologies today. Trust me."