Prologue.

Meredith POV.

I was between Derek or Finn and it was exhausting. I remembered Cristina talking about how I needed to choose between them. Then we saw Mcsteamy and I felt terribly nauseous. I ended up vomited in front of everyone. Everyone was worried about me, Derek came rushing to my side and Addison said "An adulterous love child" After her sly comment, I heard Derek say "Goes along with a an adulterous sociopath." Bailey hushed Derek away and took me to an exam room with Cristina whom said "Who's the father" I said "I'm not pregnant.... but it had to be Derek's there's no way it could be Finn's." Cristina said "You haven't had sex with the vet...Get out of that relationship..." Bailey came back and said "Your pregnant Grey." I looked shocked and Cristina said "With Mcbaby" I groaned in frustration, but unsure of what I was gonna do.

After a while I told Derek and he was excited, he looked like a kid in a candy store with 1000 dollars. I then realized that I wanted Derek. I told Finn, I was pregnant and he said "We can make this work. I want to be in the babies life..." I was confused when he said those words but I said "You're willing to be the dad of a kid that's not yours... Wow you really are the perfect guy, but your not the one." Finn nodded and said "It's Derek..." I nodded and apologized...

I didn't tell Derek until 2 weeks after that I broke with Finn. We tried to make it work but my problems got in the way that when Cristina's wedding came around. I kept pushing him away not telling him my problems he said that the highlight of his week was a woman flirting with him in a bar which hurt me like hell but I been treating him like shit, but I was still mad at him.

In Cristina's wedding when Burke left, I was about to comfort Cristina but I said "Holy Fuck...." I felt a contraction and my water had broke. Cristina notice immediately and Derek rushed to my side. They both helped me to the hospital in which Addison delivered the baby. After pushing a baby out of my vagina she said "Say hello to your daughter..." I saw as she held an adorable little girl in her arms and passed her to me. I looked at Derek and this little baby in awe and said "Cecilia....Cecilia Grey-Shepherd..." Derek looked at me and said "Her middle can be Leigh... Cecilia Leigh Grey-Shepherd." I nodded saying "I love it..." We both were in our happy bubble holding our baby.

I meet my sister whom was annoying at first but she was Lia's aunt so I introduced them... Lia said her first word when she was 7 months old which was Mommy and Daddy! Derek dated for a while a nurse named Rose since I was going to therapy but I knew that I wanted a life with him... I did a corny house proposal of me loving him in which he accepted...

He moved back into my house where I lived with Lexie, Alex and Izzie... I met his mother whom was really nice. Carolyn loved Lia right away. Derek had a rough time with a patient, but we got through it and he operated on Izzie. After that, he proposed and I accepted...

We've gone threw a lot of stuff... so when Derek turned chief I supported him, Lia was 4 and she was in kindergarten since the teachers called us to move her since she was so smart. The day Derek got shot I lost our second baby, but we got through it and became stronger. Lia when she was 6 was moved to higher grade which was 4th because she was too intelligent for her age, we got used to teachers telling us how smart and amazing Lia was. Then, when we adopted Zola. Lia loved her instantly and Derek and I were saved because we thought she would hate not being an only child... After the plane crash, Zola was 2 and Lia was 8... She missed Aunt Lexie and Uncle Mark everyday and I gave her Lexie's earrings which were silver with an oval shaped emerald in the middle. She was grateful and never took them off. We had a baby boy named Derek Bailey Shepherd or Bailey. Zola and Lia loved him and were happy to have a boy in the family. By that time Lia was in highschool Derek and I we're shocked that our 8 year old daughter skipped 7 and 8 went to 9th grade. When she was 9 she was in 11 grade because she was bumped to 10th grade and when she was 10 she graduated highschool with the highest honors. For college which Derek and I feared a lot Carolyn said she could come to Columbia University in New York and she could live at her house... I would miss her but Lia really wanted to go to the same college as Derek so we agreed. For a while it was Derek, Zola, Bailey and I.

Derek got into an tragic accident when Bailey was 4 at the time, Zola was 8 and Lia was 13... He survived and thank whoever is up there for that... Lia started medical school at Columbia. Derek's recovery was hard but he made it... Our road was hard, but Derek and I we're happy especially after we found out I was pregnant again. 9 months later we had Ellis Alexandra Shepherd.. We love Elli-Bear so much, when she meet her sisters and her brother she was so calm...

Four years have passed and today we're all in New York about to see my baby girl graduate medical school with the highest grades. Derek and I we're elated when they called her name and she went to podium to say the doctor's pledge... After the ceremony Lia went running towards us and said "Mom Dad! I did it!!!" She gave us a hug and said "Thank you for everything, Nana can't forget about you" Carolyn said "You better not..." Lia said "I applied for many internships and I am going to be a surgical intern at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital" My eyes watered when I heard her say she was going to be an intern at the hospital god I missed my daughter being in my house everyday... Now she's back we're all together...

After the ceremony, we ate at this restaurant which Lia loved. We went to Carolyn's house, Carolyn, Derek and I helped Lia packed her stuff and when we finished Carolyn said "This room will always be yours." I saw Lia hugged her grandma and say "Thanks Nana... for everything" she said "Anytime... now sleep everyone you have an early flight." Lia went to her room and slept with Zola and Bailey, while Derek and I slept in his old room with a small bed for Ellis....

We woke up, and everyone grabbed their stuff, before we left we said bye to Carolyn and headed to the airport. We checked in for a flight and left New York for Seattle. After a few hours we got to Seattle and went to the dream house as Derek calls it. When we got there Zola and Bailey ran in with their bags, Derek took Ellis and put her in the floor so she can walk and He helped Lia and I grabbed her stuff to take it to her room. We ate dinner and the kids went to their rooms, Derek and I were watching TV and I said "Der... we have 4 kids... one who's going an intern, another who is the best dancer and volleyball player, our little superhero and our little Elli-Bear" Derek said "I know Mer and I knew my dreams would come true....." I smiled at him and laid my head on his shoulder and we kept watching the TV unsure of what was gonna happen...

A/N: soooo yeah Derek is alive in this story, A lot of characters from the old Greys are in this story so yeah... this was the prologue the story begins next chapter...