Chapter 56: Appendicitis or Pregnancy?

Lia woke up in her bedroom, Derek and Meredith had gotten home a few days ago and they were beyond pissed at her. They have not directed a look or word to her ever since they got back. There was two weeks and a half left of the intern break before the interns went back as residents. Lia was home babysitting her siblings, but it wasn't by choice. Derek and Meredith placed her on house arrest especially since Andrew had begun working in Grey-Sloan again since he was cleared for work. Lia hasn't been able to talk to him ever since she got home from his place the night Derek and Meredith returned home. She had stood up, but when she rose to her feet she immediately made her way to the bathroom. She leaned down and vomited her insides into the toilet. She panted and rose to clean her mouth. She looked at herself in the mirror and said "Probably just the stress..." She made her way downstairs and began making breakfast for her siblings. The vomiting of this morning was way behind her head. It had to be nerves, Derek and Meredith's war against Andrew was stressful enough. After she made breakfast, she called Zola, Bailey and Ellis. They all ate their breakfast, oblivious to their sister in the kitchen counter struggling with the sudden nausea. When Bailey and Ellis finished their breakfast and left them in the sink, Lia had began to wash them. However, she couldn't hide the nausea anymore. Lia dropped the plate in the sink and left the water running as she hurried to the bathroom. Zola saw her impulsive jerk and followed her sister. Zola watched her sister burying the contents of her stomach into the toilet.... Zola went towards her sister and got her hair out of her face so it wouldn't get dirty and passed her hand gently in her back as she emptied her stomach. When she finished, Lia stood up carefully and washed her mouth with water. Zola looked at Lia worriedly and said "When did this start Lia?" Lia said "I don't know it was around 3 am when I started vomiting...." Zola said "Lia......" Lia said "Don't worry Zozo, I just need Pepto Bismol....." Lia hurried into the medicine cabinet in the kitchen and began drinking the pink medicine like if it was a protein shake. After a sip, she placed it down and went to her bedroom. Zola was unsettled, she was worried about what this could be. Zola went upstairs and as she was about to go to her room, she heard another noise coming from Lia's bedroom. She rushed inside and found the contents of the Pepto Bismol on the floor. Zola said "Give me your phone I'm calling Mom...." Lia looked at her sister with pleading eyes and said "Not Mom please.... This could be a number of things, I just need to know what it is before I get her wrapped into this...." Zola nodded and said "Who do I call then? Andrew?" Lia shook her head and said "Neither of them... go to my contacts and call Kara, but don't tell her about the vomiting yet...." Zola nodded and went outside to call Kara. When Kara picked up she said "Hey Ceci! Still on house arrest?" Zola said "It's not Lia, it's Zola...." Kara said "Ah the little sister, how are you?" Zola said "You need to come over now, Lia needs a ride to Grey-Sloan?" Kara said "She wants to visit DeLuca?" Zola said "I'll tell you when you get here...." Kara said "Zola what is this...." Zola said "Just come quick please...." Kara could be heard on the phone grabbing her keys, while saying "I'm on my way don't worry Zola....." She ended the call and Zola went to Bailey's room and said "Bailey get ready!" Bailey looked at his sister and said "Why? Mom said we aren't allowed to go anywhere...." Zola said "Bailey, Lia's sick and we need to get her to the hospital, don't tell Ellis and just help me...." Bailey nodded and Zola left the room to leave him to change. Zola went to Ellis' bedroom and she said "Zozo! I made a new drawing want to see?" Zola said "Ellie! Mom and Dad wanted us to get ready to go to the hospital!" Ellis said "But Mom said?" Zola laughed awkwardly and said "Ellis! Mom wants to go to dinner after work with all of us!" Ellis said "Okay! I'll get ready!" Zola helped Ellis get an outfit together and helped her if she had trouble. When Zola finished getting Ellis ready, she heard knocking at the door and Bailey came out of his room saying "I'll help Ellis put on her shoes, you answer the door" Zola nodded and went downstairs. She headed quickly to the door and answered it. She saw Kara and Joey and he said "Hey Zola? What's wrong with Lia?" Kara said "I brought chick flicks...." Zola said "It's not emotionally.... She's been vomiting since 3 in the morning or something...." Joey said "Oh god...." They went in and rushed upstairs. When they got into Lia's bedroom, Joey said "I'll clean the vomit in the floor, you two check on Lia...." Kara nodded and went to the bathroom. When they got to the bathroom, they saw Lia in the floor holding the toilet. Kara kneeled next to Lia as she held onto the toilet for dear life. Kara said "Ceci get it out.... Umm did you eat anything bad?" Lia weakly said "I ate my dad's pasta yesterday nothing else....." Kara said "Zola check on Bailey and Ellis we need to get her to Grey-Sloan...." Zola nodded and said "Alright...." Zola left to check on her siblings, leaving Kara and Lia alone. Kara said "Lia I have to ask did you have sex with Andrew in the last 2 months without a condom....." Lia rose her head and looked at her friend with nervousness as she nodded. Kara's eyes widen and said "It could be anything Lia.... Don't worry, are you on birth control???" Lia nodded and said "Y-yeah...." Kara said "Come on lets go...." Kara helped Lia up and they began going downstairs. When they got downstairs, Zola was there with a bag and Pepto Bismol. Zola said when she saw them "Ellis and Bailey are already in the car and Joey is starting the car up so we can leave immediately...." Kara nodded and they helped Lia outside. Lia said "Guys I can walk, I'm not helpless..." After they walked to the car, Zola and Lia got into the backseat, while Kara got into the passenger seat. After everyone got on they began the ride to Grey-Sloan. During the ride, Lia drank a bit of Pepto Bismol to calm her uneasy stomach. Kara looked at Lia through the rearview mirror and said "Joey don't go to fast....." Joey nodded and they kept their drive to the hospital.... When they arrived, they quickly got out and Joey said "I'll take Zola, Bailey and Ellis to daycare...." Kara nodded as she was next to Lia. However, Zola looked at Kara with pleading eyes saying "Please I don't want to leave her alone....." Lia looked at her sister and said "Zozo I'll be okay.... Kara will come get you when the time is right...." Zola nodded as Joey went and took them to daycare, while Lia and Kara made their way into Grey-Sloan. While they walked in the hallways, Kara said "We just need to get you into a patient room without anyone catching you-" We heard a voice say "To late!" They turned around to see Cristina standing there and she said "Why do you need a patient room...." Kara didn't know what to say until their conversation was interrupted with Lia emptying the contents of her stomach into the floor. Kara looked at Cristina as the face of worried came upon her. She kneeled down to check on Lia, while Kara said "That's why!" Cristina said "Shit...." Cristina said "Get her to patient room 2389, talk to the nurses saying it's a private case, I'll go get Bailey...." Kara nodded and took Lia with her to a patient room. Cristina walked to the OR's since she needed to get Bailey.