Chapter 1: First Day

My name is Cecilia Leigh Grey-Shepherd... I'm the eldest daughter of Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd... I have 3 siblings, Zola which is 12, Bailey which is 6 and Ellis which is 2. I was conceived after the Addison fiasco. And my parents loved me but I was no ordinary kid, I graduated early and skipped a lot of grades. Now I'm the youngest person to ever graduate med school and become a surgical intern. I'm 18 years old. Today's my first day...

"LIAAAA" I hear someone scream. Zola comes in my room and jumps in my bed tackling me. I groaned and said "Hey Zozo" I carry her and twirl her around, while putting her down and kissing her head. Zola says "Lia it's your first day!!!! And you need to take Bailey and I to school". I laugh and say "Alright, let me change into my scrubs and we can go". Zola says "I can feed Ellis and you can check on Bailey". I nod and she leaves my room and I start changing and getting ready for my first day. I look myself in the mirror I have dark black hair like my dad but with my moms curls, I have blue-greenish eyes like my mom, I got my moms features and her laugh at least my dad says that. Anyway, I looked in the mirror and I saw myself with my light blue scrubs and I was proud of myself. I got out of my room with my stuff and headed to Bailey's room I saw him struggling with his shoes and I asked him "Bails do you need help" He looked at me and nodded and I helped him tie his shoes. I got his book bag and we both headed downstairs. Zola said "Let's go Lia and Bails". My siblings grabbed their things while I got Ellis stuff and Ellis. We went outside and Bailey sat in his car seat and buckled himself in, while I put Ellis in her car seat and Zola got herself in the car. I entered the drivers seat and took Zola and Bailey to school. After I took them, I headed to Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital. When I got there, I got out of my car and I got Ellis and headed inside. While I was walking Grandpa Richard saw me and said "Cecilia hey, do you need me to take Elli-Bear to day care, you don't wanna be late to your first day as a surgical intern" I looked into Richards eyes and thank him while I gave him Ellis and rushed to the intern locker rooms.

When I went in I got looks from everyone, they knew who my parents were so I got used to it. I saw a girl who saw me and waved me over, I went to her and she said "sit" I sat down as she said "I'm Andrea Hernández, we met at the mixer" I said "Ohhhh your the volleyball scholarship girl" Andrea laughed and said "Haha Your Cecilia Grey-Shepherd correct?" I nodded and said "Yes I am..." She said "We both have the same resident, Dr. Casey Parker, he seems so cool" I said "I know right" and then I saw another girl she said "I'm with Parker too! I'm Kara Foster". Andrea said ''Well we need to get going to the OR'' The 3 of us walked to the empty OR room where Grandpa Richard will give his famous speech. I got to the OR with Andrea and Kara and we were excited I looked up and saw my parents giving me a thumbs up and I rolled my eyes and all the attendings which half of them are my uncles and aunts whom changed my diapers. Grandpa Richard entered and everyone stopped talking and he started and said "Each of you comes today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you". I saw everyone looking at each other. He continued "Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, that's up to you." Everyone was afraid after Grandpa Richard speech, and I went outside to find my resident. I started walking until all of a sudden I heard "Fine ass" and I looked behind me and said "Who do you think you are" He said "I'm Nicholas Tanner and you are smoking hot", I answered "Really well, I'm Cecilia Grey-Shepherd" His eyes widened and he said "Sorry Cecilia, I didn't mean it, well I did, but I don't want your dad to kill me" I laughed and said "I'm not interested but I wouldn't mind being your friend" Nick smiled and said "I would like that, but be warned I'm not innocent" I looked at him and said "I'm not innocent either" we laughed and he said "Im with Parker are you with him too?" I nodded and we both headed to Dr. Parker.