Chapter 59: The beginning of Residency

The residency year began today, It felt nostalgic as Cecilia looked in the mirror. Her hair she pulled up by a ponytail and the light blue scrubs hugged her figure perfectly. Today, she was a resident, it was a new locker room and a new coat with her name on it. She breathed as she tried to calmed down her impending nerves. The door opened revealing Zola and she said "We have school, Bailey and I.. Also its Ellis' second day in first grade...." Lia nodded and said "I'll help Ellis finish getting ready, while you make breakfast for Bailey, Ellis and yourself...." Zola nodded and said "Your not going to eat?" Lia shook her head and said "Andrew and I are going to eat breakfast at the cafeteria before the shift starts" Zola nodded and said "Alright!" Zola went downstairs, while Lia went to check on her youngest sister. Ellis was tying her shoes and said "Good morning Lia!" Lia smiled and said "Good morning Ellie, do you need any help?" Ellis nodded and said "Can you help me by placing my pencil case in my bag..." Lia nodded and went to her desk to pick up her pencil case. After Lia picked it up and place it in her bag, she placed the bag next to Ellis. Ellis grabbed her bag and said "Thank you Lia!" She smiled at her sister before saying "Im going to check on Bailey... Zola is making breakfast...." Ellis nodded and she went downstairs. Lia closed the door to Ellis' bedroom before heading to Bailey's. When she got to Baileys bedroom she knocked on the door. Bailey answered and said "Oh Lia, I was about to go downstairs" Lia nodded and said "Perfect, Zola is cooking breakfast" Bailey nodded and went downstairs. Lia went to her bedroom to prepare her bag for work since she had a 48 hour shift. When she finished her bag, she went downstairs. She watched her siblings eating cereal, 2 strawberries and a few blueberries. Zola when she finished eating stood up with Ellis following behind her. Ellis handed Zola the plate and she washed them. Bailey stood up and went to clean his plate, while Lia grabbed her keys. The plates washed, they grabbed their bags and headed to the car. When they got into the car, Bailey got into the back seat and Zola in the passenger seat. However, Lia helped Ellis get into her car seat. After Lia helped Ellis, she headed to the driver's seat. Once everyone was inside, Lia started the car and began driving them to school.

After dropping off her siblings, Lia headed to the hospital. When she got to the hospital, she parked her car. After parking, she got off and headed to the resident lounge. When she got to the residents lounge, she saw Nick showing off his lab coat to Kara while she rolled her eyes. Nick smiled at her before heading towards her saying "Look Ceci! It has my name!!!" Lia smiled and said "Damn! Who would have thought you would get excited for a piece of clothing" Nick rolled his eyes and said "Oh Ceci..... I'm not that much of a manwhore anymore...." Lia rolled her eyes and looked for her locker. When she found her locker, she saw a lab coat in it. She grabbed the lab coat on one hand and placed her stuff inside with the other. After placing her stuff, she unfolded the lab coat. She saw the plain white lab coat, except it had the Grey-Sloan symbol and her name knitted into the lab coat. As she put it on, she felt a sense of proudness since she worked hard in her surgeries to get to this moment. When she placed it on, she heard Andrea said "Oh my god, we have to get a picture...." Amy showed up behind her agreeing with Andrea. Kara said "Fine...." while Nick got into place. The 5 of them got into position and Andrea took the picture to remember the first day. After taking the pictures, Nick said "Y'all want to grab a bit to eat since the interns are with Webber right now?" Kara, Andrea and Amy nodded, while Lia said "I would, but Andrew asked me first...." Nick looked amused and said "Will you eat that lunch from a plate or from his body?" Lia laughed and said "I don't think I have time to lick it off...." Andrea said "Both of you are dirty minded god!" They all laughed and Lia said "I'm going to go meet Andrew so I'll see you guys later...." They waved goodbye as Lia made her way out of the locker room.

When Lia arrived at the cafeteria she saw Andrew sitting with Jo and Carina. He had looked up and saw her. He smiled at her as he stood up excusing himself. He began to walk towards Lia. When he got to Lia, he said "Hey...." She smiled and said "Hey... did you already eat or?" Andrew shook his head and said "I was waiting for you...." She nodded and they began walking to the cafeteria line. When they got to the cafeteria line, Lia began filling her plate, she got a blueberry muffin and a banana, while Andrew filled his plate with eggs, bacon and a piece of toast. When they got their food, they sat in a table to begin eating their food. When they sat down, they began eating. While they ate, Andrew said "How do you feel? Your going to be handling your own interns" Lia said "Im not sure... I think I'm going to be a horrible resident..." Andrew said "You won't be bad...." Andrew looked around before saying "I think you can't be worse than your mother...." Lia ear's peaked and she said "Do tell....." Andrew said "Your mom told me that the night before your first day you were crying all night so she didn't get sleep, while she was giving the tour she was tired, plus she had broken things off with Derek so she was very moody especially if you add that with the hormones...." Lia began to laugh and said "Okay... I don't think I can be worse than that...." Andrew laughed and said "Im going to get coffee want one?" Lia nodded and Andrew stood up quickly to get coffee. While Andrew got the coffees, Lia ate her banana. After waiting a few minutes, Andrew came back with the coffees. He handed one to Lia and drank the one he got for himself. They drank their coffees and Andrew said "Are you going to do something after work?" Lia nodded and said "Well since your shift lasts a little longer than mine, I'll probably go to Joe's with Kara, Nick, Amy and Rea.... Maybe get a drink to commemorate what happened last year... except instead of Cristina taking me home, I want you to take me to your place...." Andrew said "Lia... Derek and Meredith-" Lia interrupted saying "We haven't been alone in that way since my birthday... We don't need to have sex, but I do like spending time alone with you without having to worry that someone's watching us...." Andrew nodded and said "I'd like that... maybe we can just sleep and cuddle..." Lia said "I thought you hated cuddling since its clingy...." Andrew shook his head and said "I love cuddling...." Lia laughed and said "I know you do... You can't be afraid to say stuff like that in front of my parents, you're my boyfriend so they have to understand that... Plus are you planning on not having sex with me ever again, since you're afraid my parents will find out?" Andrew shook his head and said "I have an insatiable taste for you Ceci..... Trust me maintaining self control has been hard...." She nodded and said "It has....." Andrew was about to say something, but a pager interrupted his thoughts. They both checked if it was their pagers. Lia raised hers and said "Its Kara, I'm guessing its time..." Andrew nodded and said "Good luck..." Lia smiled and said "Thanks! I would kiss you, but no PDA in the hospital...." Andrew nodded and said "I understand... now go!" Lia smiled at him before heading towards the room where she would meet her interns.