Chapter 28: The Shepherd Family

I was awaken by a lot of moving going around the house. I groaned, because all the commotion meant that Nana was here. I grabbed some black shorts and put them on since I only slept with one of Andrew's t-shirts last night. I opened the door and headed downstairs. When I got downstairs, I saw my dad playing with Ellis and my cousins. I looked to the couch to see Mom and Aunt Lizzie talking. I looked around and that's when I felt my younger cousins tackling me to ground screaming "Lia!!!!!!" I heard my Aunt Lizzie say "Kayla, Sophie and Mason get off your cousin, sorry Lia..." I laughed and said "It's fine!" I looked at Kayla, she looked exactly like my Uncle Brian and Sophie was a replica of my Aunt Lizzie and Mason was a mixed of both. Mason laughed and said "See the 3 of us have gotten stronger!" I laughed and said "That is true how old are you three anyway, your so big!" I knew their ages, but they like to say how old they are. Mason happily said "I'm 9 years old silly!" Kayla said "I'm 7 years old and Sophie is 5 aren't you Soph" Sophie nodded and said "Yep!" I smiled and said "You three are getting big!" They all nodded and Ellis came running saying "Soph! Kayla let's go play outside!!!!" They all laughed and ran outside while Mason said "I'm going to wake up Bailey so we can play superheroes!" I nodded while he went upstairs. I went towards the couch and hugged my Aunt while saying "Hey Aunt Lizzie! I missed you" Aunt Lizzie smiled and said "Hey Lia, how are you?" I smiled and said "Good.... I have work the day after tomorrow fun....but yeah" Aunt Lizzie said "Well that's great... any specialties you prefer to be on..." I nodded and said "Yeah, but it's best I don't say it out loud" Aunt Lizzie laughed while my mom said "It better be general" I rolled my eyes and said "Sure.... Good morning mom" she smiled and said "Good morning" I looked back at my Aunt and said "Where's Kyle, Melissa and Uncle Brian???" Aunt Lizzie said "They went to play golf in the country club, apparently one of Melissa's friends is there and you know" I nodded and said "Im guessing this friend is a boy isn't it" she laugh and nodded saying "Yeah, your uncle and cousin wouldn't let her go alone..." I nodded and said "I get that, if I say..." I paused before saying with a loud voice "I love having sex with my boyfriend" my mom and Aunt laughed the minute my dad bursted into the living room saying "Excuse me... What boyfriend... is he the one who gave you the hickey?!" I laughed and said "See what I mean, Dad it was a joke go away now" Dad looked at all of us and said "For your sake it better be" I gulped thinking about Andrew, but they still don't know so it will be okay. I said "Dad when does the rest of the Shepherd Clan get here" Dad said "Well, Ma is on her flight right now, Nancy is on her flight as well as Kathleen's flight leaves in 2 hours" I nodded and said "Alright and is Nana staying here" Dad nodded and said "Yeah, so is Amy, Link and Scout" he was going to say something more, but then he said "Im going to keep cooking before I burn the food" he ran into the kitchen and I said "Aunt Liz where would the rest of you stay" Aunt Lizzie smiled and said "Well theres 2 Airbnb's nearby right next to each other, ones smaller than the other, so Kathleen and I rented the bigger one while Nancy rented the smaller one for herself and the kids." I sighed of relief and Aunt Lizzie said "Your relieved....." I shook my head and she said "Your mom is too, don't worry" I looked at my mom and she smiled.

In that moment we heard the key turning and someone coming in. I heard someone say "Hmm it smells good in here" I smiled as I say my grandma entering the room. I ran towards her and said "Nana!!!!!" Grandma hugged me tightly and said "Lia! I miss having you in New York with me!" I nodded and said "Me too!" Aunt Lizzie said "Hey Ma, Derek's cooking" Mom smiled and said "Mrs. Shepherd" Grandma laughed and said "Meredith, you know I tell you to call me Carolyn, you've been married with my son for more than a decade already" Mom smiled and said "I know, I forget sometimes, your room is ready and I'll show you...." Grandma said "It isn't my usual room" Mom shook her head and said "That's Millie's room for the time being" Grandma nodded and said "Alright, how is she anyways?" I smiled and said "They feel asleep in Zozo's room watching a movie" Grandma frowned and said "Zola likes Millie as more than a friend they shouldn't sleep in the same bed" I answered "Nana, Zozo wouldn't sleep with Millie or anyone until she's 20, because she is good" Nana gave me a look and said "Mark Sloan lost his virginity when he was 13 years old" Aunt Lizzie laughed and said "Ma we all know Mark Sloan was a manwhore" Grandma said "Cecilia did the same thing when she was 16!" I shook my head and said "In my defense, I thought I was in love with the right guy" Mom said "He wasn't nice...." I said "Okay I hadn't found the right guy at the time" They looked at me and Aunt Lizzie raised her eyebrows and said "Hadn't?" I shook my head and said "Nothing nevermind....Mom enlighten them with the tales of places where you and dad have sleep together in....Might I recommend the one on the MRI room" Mom looked horrified as well as my Grandma while Aunt Lizzie was dying of laughter. I stood up and went to the kitchen. I said "Dad please tell me you have our food ready?????" Dad said "Why???" I said "I got mom in a bad mood so I could escape a conversation" Dad said "Oh god......" I nodded and he gave me a plate with my food saying "Eat it quickly and run upstairs...." I smiled and went to eat peacefully.