Chapter 43: The Eiffel Tower

I was in the balcony sitting in a chair, while Zola talked to me through FaceTime. She was eating dinner and had her AirPods on. I laughed as I heard mom say "Zozo please take off your AirPods, we're eating dinner together you shouldn't watch Netflix." Zola said "Fine.... Lia the family will be able to hear you now" I nodded and said "Its fine Zo...." Zola took off her AirPods and Dad said "Your talking to Lia?!" I laughed and said "Hi dad!" I heard chairs moving.... And I saw my family on in the screen. I laughed and said "Don't you guys have to eat dinner?" Bailey nodded and said "Yeah but we miss you....." I smiled and said "I miss you guys too....." Dad said "What have you done???" I said "Umm well.... Rita has a daughter! And she took us to her summer house that has a nice lake to swim in!" Mom said "Lucky you!" Zola said "This isn't fair!!! I wish we were on vacation..." Dad said "Zozo... You know why we aren't going on vacation" She rolled her eyes and I asked "Whats happened in Grey-Sloan???" Mom said "Damn Lia... you missed a lot already!" I put on a sad face and said "Thats not fair!" Ellis said "Sis who's arm is that?" I looked and saw Andrew standing at the balcony door and he quickly went inside as he heard Ellis. I laughed and said "Your imagining things Ellie" Dad looked at me weirdly and Mom said "Are you going to do anything today?" I nodded and said "I'm going to take a swim in the lake maybe a hike..." Dad said "Alright sweetie..." I said "I'll call you guys later, I see Rita's son in the water...." Zola said "Wait didn't you say-" I ended the call quickly realizing how big I messed up. Andrew was in the doorframe and said "Soo what are you going to tell your parents?" I said "If they ask Im l'm just going to tell them I was on vacation with my boyfriend in New York...not Paris since I don't want them to figure it out yet...." Andrew said "Soo your saying Meredith and Derek might know you're not single anymore" I nodded and Andrew said "That's good...it's a step forward and the guys in the hospital can finally keep their eyes to themselves" I said "Andy there always going to look just like the nurses still do..." Andrew said "Yeah they can look, but at the end of the day I'm always yours..." I smiled and said "Just like I am yours...." He smiled and we both sat down to enjoy the gentle morning breeze while looking at the view on the balcony.

After taking a shower and changing we decided to eat at the hotel. We were in the elevator calmly waiting for the elevator to takes us to the lobby. Andrew was looking at me and I said "Why are you looking at me like that?" Andrew said "I just want to"He cut his own sentence as he walked up to me and began kissing me. My lips immediately began responding to his as our lips molded together. One of my arms wrapped around his neck pulling him closer, while my other hand cupped his face. We didn't pull away in time, that when we heard the ding and an older couple walked in and said "Oh my" Andrew and I quickly pulled away since we were caught by the older couple. Andrew looked at me with a flushed face and his arm wrapped around my waist pulling me close. The older couple walked in and went to the other side. The elevator ride was quiet since the circumstances... However, I heard the older woman say lowly to her husband "To be young and in love again Hector....." The older man did a sound of agreement and said "Yeah darling... its a darn beautiful thing to watch..." I smiled and when the elevator doors opened, I turned to the older couple and said "Good day to both of you..." The older woman answer "The same to you both..." We both walked away and Andrew said "God that was a little embarrassing..." I said "Yeah... but it was an eye opener imagine if that happen in Grey-Sloan and my parents saw......" Andrew eyes widen and said "Good point..." His hands interlocked with mine as we walked to the restaurant trying to forget the old couple we saw in the elevator.

We were at the restaurant, I was planning to order the buttered croissant, while Andrew was still looking through the menu to see what he should get. I said "Have you decided on what you are going to get?" Andrew shook his head and said "Everything looks so good!!!" I laughed at the comment and said "Then what are we doing today???" He looked at me and said "Well were going to eat, go to Notre Dame which we both agreed to visit..." I nodded and said "Yeah.... growing up with Nana, she took me to church a lot....But I heard Notre Dame is beautiful to see" Andrew nodded and said "Yeah it is" the waiter came and we ordered something to eat. I nodded and said "Alright Notre Dame and what's else?" Andrew said "Well I heard there's good stores around there for souvenirs" I nodded and said "Yeah I can bring some for Zola, Bailey and Ellis" Andrew nodded and said "And today the last thing is the Eiffel Tower" My smile grew larger and I said "That's today?! I've been dying to see the Eiffel Tower ever since I was a little girl!" Andrew smiled and said "Today's the day..." I began thinking and said "I know we've planned some stuff together and you planned boat thing, but I feel like I haven't done much. You only let me pay at some cabs... I know you're trying to be kind, but it doesn't seem fair for you to pay for almost everything...." Andrew said "That isn't true I let you pay at restaurants...." I said "You only let me pay when we went to that bakery and that was just 15 dollars" Andrew said "Lia... I just wanted to pay for almost everything, because I don't want you wasting your money" I said "I won't be wasting my money, since I'm doing something for you" Andrew sighed and said "I don't have anything planned for Friday, tomorrow I do... you can plan what we do that day and I can't argue...." I nodded and said "And you will only pay if it's a souvenir for your sister or Maya" Andrew nodded and said "Fine...." I smiled and said "Then it's a deal" The waiter arrived with the food and we began eating. While we ate, I began thinking of places I could take Andrew to on Friday.