Chapter 37: Valentines Day

(Italics what happened on Millie's moving day)

Valentines Day is a day you spend with your loved ones. A day filled of romantic gestures and lots of sex....But no one in my family really wanted to celebrate it. Since we helped Millie move out of our house 3 days ago.... Millie was finally adopted by Callie and Arizona. By personal choice, she decided to change her last name to Millie Robbins-Torres. We still remembered saying goodbye to her....

Her room was half empty, she decided to keep somethings here for memories or in case she stayed over sometime. Most of her clothes were in bags, most of her items in boxes both Dad and Mom took downstairs one by one. Ellis and Bailey helped with the boxes, but they had tears in their eyes while doing so. I was helping Zola put Millie's stuff away in the boxes. She looked sad and I was too. In the short time my sisters friend stayed with us, she had become like a little sister to me. But I wasn't going to cry about it seeing as my sister must be feeling triple the amount of the emotions im feeling. I looked over at Millie, I watched her looking at my sister. I began closing the box and lifted it to take it downstairs leaving them alone....

I went downstairs, where Zola, Bailey and Ellis were eating dinner. Zola looked sad, while Bailey and Ellis had gotten better. I said "Good morning...." They all answered "Morning" Bailey said "Ellis what do you want to do...." Ellis said "Mario Party!" Bailey smiled and said "Sure! Zozo do you want to play" Zola looked at them and said "I- alright I'll play" the three of them stood up and left to play Mario Kart... After they left Mom and Dad looked at me. I asked "Do you guys need something?" Dad nodded and said "Are you doing anything tonight???" I really didn't know if Andrew and I were doing something for Valentines so I just shook my head and said "For now I have nothing planned why?" Mom said "Well it's Valentine's Day... and we want some alone time" I said "If you want I can take Zola, Bailey and Ellis to the old house" Dad shook his head and said "It's best you guys stay here, while we go over there since it's closer to the hospital" I nodded and said "Is there anymore kids, I need to watch?" Mom nodded saying "Zola is still bummed about Millie moving out. Since it's Valentine's Day Callie and I thought both Sofia and Millie could spend the night here, while they also have their alone time" I nodded saying "Alright.... Your leaving me alone with 5 kids...." Dad nodded saying "It will be fine....plus you know this will cheer up Zola..." I nodded and said "I know...did you buy the Valentines gift???" Mom nodded and said "All of them are in our bedroom which we will give them to you guys later, Zola also helped me buy ones for Sofia and Millie" I nodded and said "The sleeping arrangements???" Mom said "Arizona told me their bringing an inflatable mattress for one of the girls since I told them that one of them could sleep with Zola since her bed is big enough for two people" I nodded and said "Anything else?" Dad passed me a plate with pancakes shaped like a heart with Nutella saying "Thank you so much for this Lia we owe you big time..." I stopped and said "I'll have to think of something then...." Mom said "You shouldn't have given her that chance Derek...." I said "Too late!" I left quickly before they could say another word....

Zola stared into the almost empty bedroom... there was things in there that showed Millie had lived there, but the boxes were now downstairs. This was happening whether she was ready or not. She felt a light touch on her shoulder and when she turned around she saw Millie. Millie said "Zozo you alright?" Zola shook her head saying "I'm not.... But I will be..." Millie wrapped her arms around Zola and said "Just think of the bright side of things... You know we could date in a future since we don't live under same roof..." Zola said "Maybe....but I need to tell you something" Millie looked at her and she said "Yeah?" Zola said "You'll be the first person I tell this too, but I think I know my sexuality..." Millie asked "You think or do you know?" Zola said "I know which sexuality I identify with.... I'm bisexual" Millie had the brightest smile and said "I'm glad you figured it out..." Zola said enthusiastically "I figured out my sexuality! That means we can date right? Because I would really like for you to be my girlfriend..." Millie eyes shined, but her face frowned, Zola wondered if she said too much. Millie answered "Zozo... I would love to be your girlfriend.... But I don't think right now it's the best idea... we're still young and we can't really go on much dates outside of our houses without adult supervision... also I'm about to start a chapter in my life that's different... I don't want complicate things more than they have to be... not that you're a complication, but it's just to much right now..." Zola was sad and stepped back from Millie... Millie saw the hurt in her eyes and she said "Zola I'm not saying never, god I've been wanted to date you for the longest time... but right now isn't the perfect timing... You aren't the person I would joke around with, you would hopefully be a long term relationship... I like a lot Zozo, but right now isn't the correct time" Zola nodded and said "I understand.... But if we do end up dating other people before each other... I just want to.... I want my first kiss to be with you..." Millie gave Zola a small smile and said "I would like that too..." Zola looked up and walked up to Millie. Millie cheeks flushed as she saw Zola face inches away. Millie saw Zola looking at her lips asking permission, but Millie instead close the space between them. The soft kiss was filled with tenderness, as Millie arms wrapped around Zola's neck and Zola's hands cupped her cheeks. Both of them pulled away as a shout was heard downstairs... Zola looked at Millie with a sheepishly grin, while Millie was flushed. Zola asked "Do you have anything left in here that you guys want to take with you?" Millie shook her head and said "No just my bag and I'm all set..." Zola nodded and Millie picked up her bag before both girls headed downstairs.....