Chapter 67: My oh my

The soft light passed through the curtain as our bodies laid tangled together. When I opened my eyes, I saw Andrew gazing at me. I looked at him and said "What are you looking at?" Andrew smiled and said "You.... I just missed having you here." I smiled and said "I missed being here with you too...." I leaned in and captured his lips with mine. He instantly melted and kissed me back. After he pulled away, he said "Im going to make you breakfast in bed...." I winked at him and said "Wow such a romantic..." Andrew laughed and stood up. After getting dressed, he went downstairs to make breakfast. I sat up in bed and took in my surroundings. I realized that his bedroom had slight changes. I stood up to check it out the recent changes he'd made. First, I walked to see the new drawer set next to the old one. I opened it up and saw that it was empty. The same thing happened with the other drawers. I looked around until my eyes hit his walk in closet. When I went inside, I saw that half of his closet was cleared leaving enough space for new clothes. I made a mental note to buy him new clothes, since he probably donated his clothes to charity. I heard his footsteps, which interrupted my thoughts and I immediately jumped into the bed. I got comfortable as I saw him open the door carrying a tray with food. He placed the tray in the bed and I saw there was two plates. I smiled as I thanked him. He smiled, while he grabbed his plate and utensils to begin eating. We began to eat, while having a pleasant conversation.

After eating, Andrew asked "Its 1:30 pm, your parents are making a party so when they come to pick you up at the airport you'll be greeted by everyone." I nodded and said "Lets head over there, but we need to shower." Andrew said "You know if we shower together I spend less money on water..." I smirked at him and said "Well sir, we wouldn't want to spend more money than needed" His eyes darken when I called him sir and he led us to the shower. After having sex, we were both breathing heavily against the wall. I immediately asked "You were taking care of Gatsby where is he?" Andrew said "Zola missed you a lot so she asked if I could leave him with her and I did." I nodded and said "Alright...." Andrew grabbed the shampoo and he began to wash my hair. I felt relaxed as his fingers massaged my scalp. After he washed out the shampoo, I immediately grabbed the bottle and began to wash his hair. I made sure my fingers massaged his scalp well so he could feel relaxed. After I finished, I began to wash out the shampoo. After we both finished, we got out of the shower and began to get ready.

After getting ready, we went downstairs to head to the car. We got downstairs and headed to my house. After Andrew drove for a while, we finally arrived. We got out of the car and I unlocked the door with my key. I heard noises coming from the living room. When Andrew and I walked in, the first thing that caught my attention was my sister's arm wrapped around Millie. However, a small little voice screamed "Auntie Lia!!!!" I saw the small little girl running towards me and the heads of my family quickly turning towards the girl and me. When the small girl reached me I brought her to my arms and said "My, my little Adriana Lucia DeLuca-Bishop ! You're looking so big!" Adriana laughed and said "Silly I'm only 4!" I laughed and said "Only 4! You're getting so big!" My parents smiled at me and immediately came to hug me, while my siblings stood up. My mom hugged me first and said "I missed you so much sweetie! I love your hair...." I smiled and said "I missed you too mom" Dad said "Mer I want a hug too!" Mom laughed as she pulled away and my Dad immediately brought me to his arms. I laughed as he squeezed me tightly saying "You're never going away for 5 months again" I nodded and said "Yes Dad!" I laughed and immediately looked at Zola. Zola from the 12 year old girl was now a beautiful young lady who was 17 years old. She immediately wrapped her arms around me and said "I missed you sis...." I smiled and said "Me too, but I want you to explain why your arm was wrapped around Millie." Zola blushed and she said "We began dating 4 months ago!" I said in a loud voice "Finally it's about god damn time!" Zola looked embarrassed, while I winked at her. Bailey looked a me and I teased him saying "So now that your a teenager you don't hug?" Bailey rolled his eyes and immediately hugged me. I hugged him tightly savoring the only hug I might get from him for a while. After he pulled away, my 10 year old sister immediately tackled me. I pulled her close and Ellis said "I missed you so much! We have to go to the beach and play volleyball immediately!" I laughed and said "Of course Elli!" She smiled and I went towards Andrew, Carina and Maya. Carina and Maya immediately hugged me and Carina said "Your good with Adri...." I smiled and said "You've done a good job raising that beautiful little girl" Carina and Maya both smiled and I continued saying hello to my family. I reached Millie and Sofia, which hugged me and I said to Sofia "Sof... we finally got what we wanted..." Sofia nodded and we both looked at Millie and Zola. I smirked at them before going to Aunt Cristina, Aunt Jo, Aunt Bailey, Grandpa Richard, Aunt Callie, Aunt Amelia, Kai, Aunt Arizona and Uncle Alex. I immediately hugged each of them and asked how they've been doing. However, there was a voice who pulled me out from my conversation. I turned around to see Kara running towards me. I immediately opened my arms and she crashed into me we began stumbling backwards trying to gain balance. We pulled back and said at each other "Bitch!" "Whore!" We hugged each other laughing and Nick said "Hey! Don't exclude me from the person hug!" I laughed and said "Get in here manwhore!" Nick wrapped his arms around us and we hugged him back. Kara laughed and said "Remember he isn't a manwhore, because he's married....." I rolled my eyes and said "Just because you're married I ain't going to stop calling you that!" He rolled his eyes and Andrea said "Hey Lia!" I wrapped my arms around her and said "Where's your girlfriend!" Andrea sighed and said "Ivy is on call....." I groaned and said "Damn it! Ive been dying to see Towers!" I looked back at Nick and asked "Tanner where's your wife and Kara where's Joey?" Nick said "My wife is in the bathroom and—" Joey interrupted and said "Looking for me beautiful?" I laughed and wrapped my arms around him and said "Always hot stuff." We both laughed and we heard a voice say "You're back! Thank god!" Amy wrapped her arms around me and I hugged her back saying "Yep!" I looked around and said "Where is he?" Mom looked at me and said "Who are you looking for?" I said "Gatsby...." Dad said "He's in your  bedroom give me a second..." He went upstairs to look for Gatsby. After a few seconds, there was quick footsteps as Gatsby hurried down the stairs. When he saw me, he immediately jumped at me knocking me down. I immediately said "Ouch Gats—" He immediately began licking my face and I said "Gatsby baby boy! I missed you!" After I was able to sit down, Andrew went next to me and asked "Are you okay? Did you hit your head?" I nodded and said "I'm okay, but no I didn't hit my head." Andrew nodded and Dad said "Does anyone want food?" Everyone began to stand up wanting the food my Dad prepared.

After eating, we all sat in the couch area. I sat next to Andrew and in my other side sat Adriana. That's when Aunt Bailey said "Grey-Shepherd you've missed a lot!" Everyone made a sound of agreement. Nick said "You missed when that guy had a snake wrapped around him!" Grandpa Richard said "Don't forget her parents getting caught....." Zola and Bailey made disgusting faces. Joey said "Yeah Ceci, Kara and I moved in together." Joey gave a look to Andrea and she said "I'm still working up the confidence to ask!" Sofia said "You missed out on how Zola asked Millie out! It was so cute, she filled the bedroom where they shared their first kiss with photos and flowers!" I smiled at the thought, but hated I wasn't here to witness it. Aunt Bailey smiled and said "Now that Leo is 12 years old she is going to start the process of the gender reassignment surgery" Aunt Amelia said "Jackson and Ivy are going to make her look outstanding!" Kai nodded agreeing. A phone interrupted the conversation and I looked at my phone. When I saw the number, I stood up saying "I have to take this." I immediately made my way outside.

When I got outside, I said "Hamilton? Chloe? It's Cecilia everything alright?" Chloe said "Hey Ceci... He's getting weaker, I fear that his time is coming up soon..." I said "Make him as comfortable as you can..." Chloe nodded and said "I'm scared Dr. Grey-Shepherd..." I sighed and said "I'm scared too, you and I are the only ones who know about this.... The day when his death comes he left a statement for the press and Lauren will probably take you under her wing...." Chloe nodded and she heard a cough saying "I have to go....." I nodded and said "Keep me posted...." I ended the call and braced my hands towards the table. I knew Lauren would especially come crashing down on me for not telling her that her brother is dying. I took deep breaths as I closed my eyes.

I sat in the laboratory stressed. It had been one month since leaving Seattle. Lauren visited me everyday asking me how's everything. It made me sick lying to her on why I was really here. Her brother was slowly dying and I had to keep my mouth shut. I worried about what would happen when I had to leave, because he refused to keep me here to see him die. I was so stressed that I didn't notice the resident entering the room. The young woman smiled at me and asked "Excuse me Dr. Grey-Shepherd are you alright?" I looked up at her and shook my head saying "No I'm not...." She came towards me and ask "Whats going on?" I looked at the young resident's lab coat and realized this was Carter's resident. I looked at her and realized she would be the one I would need to take care of him when I leave. I looked up at her and said "Dr. Chloe Hamilton correct?" She nodded and I said "I'm missing 4 months here, but when I'm gone I'm going to need you to step up." Chloe said "How can I help you Doctor?" I took a deep breath before I began explaining. After explaining, Chloe looked determined and said "I will help you with whatever you need...." I smiled and thats when I knew that Chloe Hamilton was the person I needed to help.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by mom saying "You alright Cecilia?" I nodded and said "Yeah I'm alright Mom" My mom didn't buy it, but she followed me inside. Most of the people had already gone home, while Andrew sat in the couch with Adriana in his side. Millie, Sofia and Zola talked, while Bailey and Ellis had gone up to their bedroom. Aunt Cristina talked to Aunt Callie, Aunt Arizona, Carina and Maya. Dad was washing the dishes. I went to Andrew and laid my head on his shoulder. He kissed my temple and asked "Are you staying here tonight or are you going home with me?" I said "Im going to stay here tonight... I feel like I need to make up for lost time with my siblings..." He nodded and said "Im going to head home, because its getting dark.... I love you" He kissed me quickly and I smiled saying "I love you too." He stood up and said goodbye to everyone. When he left, Adriana laid her head on my shoulder and I let her sleep for a while. After 10 minutes, Carina grabbed the now asleep Adriana and she said "Good night Ceci, its good to have you back." After Carina, Maya and Adriana left, Aunt Cristina had left along with them. It was just Aunt Callie and Aunt Arizona. Aunt Callie said "Girls enjoy your sleepover, Zola and Millie no funny business!" Millie embarrassed said "Mom! Mama!" Sofia laughed and said "Please be considerate that I'm here too!" I laughed and said goodbye to both my Aunts. I went upstairs to my bedroom and grabbed a sleeping bag and a pillow. When I got it, I went to Ellis' bedroom and said "So what are we doing!" Ellis smiled and said "You remembered!" I smiled and left the sleeping bag on the floor. I got into the bed with her and she said "I've been dying to watch the new season of Stranger Things, but I wanted to wait for you." I smiled and said "I have the energy! Put it on!" She smiled and began playing the show. We sat in bed watching the series enjoying each others company.

—Thank you for reading <333