Chapter 31: New Years

(Outfits are below if you want to first)

Most of the Shepherd Family had return home along with their husbands and kids. Nana was still in Seattle. I was in Zola room helping her choose a dress to wear. I said "Zozo this dress would look so good on you and Millie will be speechless" Zola blushed and said "Are you sure? It's cute, but I don't know..." I sighed and said "Put it on and let's see" I turned around while Zola changed into dress I picked out for her. Zola said "I'm ready! Turn around" I turned around and saw how the dress looked perfectly on her, I said "Zozo you look beautiful" She went to look in the mirror and said "That's me...." I laughed and said "Yeah! My perfect and beautiful little sister" she smiled at me and I said "Now sit down, I'm going to do your make up" Zola nodded and sat down as I began to do her makeup. I heard someone knock as I finished applying the lipstick and said "Come on!" Millie entered and said "Hey Zozo how's everything- wow you look amazing!" I saw as my sister smiled and said "Thanks! You look amazing as well!" I saw Millie cheeks a little pink and she said "Are you done getting ready?" Zola said "I don't know am I Lia?" I nodded and said "Yeah you're ready, you two go have fun, I'll clean up here" Zola said "Thank you!!!" Before she ran off with Millie downstairs. I smiled at the thought of them as I began to clean up all the make up I used for Zola.

After I cleaned up, I went to my room to get ready for the party. I looked at myself wearing the shiny tight dress with sleeves in the mirror. I smile because I know that I looked good and went downstairs. When I went downstairs, Nana said "Oh god... Ceci you look all grown up!" I smiled and went towards her and she planted a kiss on my temple. I said "Where's Ellis and Bailey?" Nana said "Bailey is still getting ready while your mom is helping Ellis" I nodded and said "Anything I can help with?" Nana nodded and said "Take these drinks to Dr. Yang, Dr. Pierce and Dr. Deluca" I nodded and said "Alright!" I grabbed the drinks and took them with me outside.

I went outside and said "Hello everyone! Alright Aunt Cristina your drink." I gave her the drink and she said "My god daughter is bringing me drinks! Isn't this great!" I saw my dad roll his eyes and I said "Aunt Maggie your drink" Aunt Maggie said "Thank you Ceci" I smiled and said "And finally And- Dr. DeLuca your drink" Andrew said "Thank you, but Cecilia outside the hospital you can call me Andrew" I nodded as I handed him the drink and Dad said "Lia stay with us, your going to have a lousy time just hanging out with Bailey and Ellis" Mom came behind me and said "You can sit next to Andrew, his girlfriend is a no show and she was suppose to sit there" I nodded and I walked to take a seat next to Andrew. I thought while sitting there he never told me about the fact that my parents had invited his girlfriend over to New Years... I felt his hands interlocked with mine under table. I felt his thumb touching it soothingly. I wanted to be mad that he didn't tell me about this, but I knew why he didn't say anything. Aunt Maggie said "Alright Lia do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or you're still screwing around". I laughed and began lying "I-im not dating anyone right now... I don't want to" I smiled and gripped Andrew's hand tighter. He did it to me as well and Mom said "Good, I don't need you distracted from surgery..." Lincoln said "Well DeLuca, when are we going to meet that girlfriend of yours... sometimes I think she isn't real" Andrew rolled his eyes and said "She's real, she just doesn't want to met you guys yet... We've only been together 6 months" Aunt Cristina mocked "We've only been together 6 months" This made the table laughed as Andrew shook his head and I stayed quiet. Mom said "Lia, I want your opinion. Why do you think Andrew hasn't introduced us to his girlfriend?" The whole table looked at me and I said "I can understand why he doesn't want to introduce her yet to all of you" Dad said "That's stupid! We're all such a catch" I gulped and said 'You guys sometimes can come on to strong especially if you don't end up approving of things" Uncle Alex said "Name examples" I said "Well when Mom and Aunt Cristina hated Aunt Jo when she began going out with Uncle Alex and if I had told you guys about Carter, Dad would had probably shipped me across country away from him" Dad tried arguing saying " I wouldn't- okay she's got a point..." I said "Just give her time to adjust, one day you'll meet her right Andrew..." I looked at him and he smiled saying "Yeah you all will meet her one day" Mom smiled and said "I expect for her to be smart and hot" Andrew said "Don't worry she's both those things and more" I smiled as his comment and Aunt Amelia looked at me with a grin. Aunt Cristina said "Good job DeLuca!" I said "Is Aunt Bailey coming?" Aunt Jo said "No, Ben told me they were going to see Bailey's dad since you know after Bailey's mom passing they didn't want to leave him alone" Nana came outside and said "That is so sad, Der-bear here's your single malt scotch" I saw my dad looking embarrassed as Uncle Alex and Lincoln laughed. He took his scotch and said "Thanks Ma..." Aunt Amelia said "Ma sit down, you're not our bartender. People can stand up if they want a drink" Ma smiled and sat in a free chair, we all just talked and waited for the clock to hit 12.