Chapter 53: Grey's and Shepherd's Fury

Andrew's recovery was long, but he was finally going home. I had not gone home in 3 weeks since his accident since I refused to leave his side. I was helping him pack his stuff up and he asked "Carina is getting the car right ?" I nodded and said "Yeah Carina is getting the car and Maya is going to come and help us get the rest of your stuff..." Andrew sighed and said "I hate that I have to be escorted on a wheelchair in front of everyone..." I said "Well the important thing is you survived...." Andrew nodded and said "It wasn't my time yet....." Andrew stayed still looking at a picture in the beach and I said "Andy... is everything okay?" He sighed and said while looking at the picture "When I was shot.... I don't remember much... I don't know if I dreamed this or if I was in heaven, but I was in a beach....." He took a breath and said "I believe in god, but I'm not someone who goes to church or practices, but I was in a beach and I saw my mom..." I looked at him and said "You saw your mom?" He nodded and said "Not only saw her, but I talked to her...." I sighed and said "If you don't mind me asking what did you two talk about?" He looked at me and said "We talked about Carina, How I wasn't ready to leave... you...." My eyes widen and I said "Me? What....." Andrew said "That's for a future topic...." I went towards him and said "You can't just say something like that and not continue the conversation" Andrew shrugged his shoulders and I rolled my eyes. He placed his arm around me, kissed my forehead and said "Let's leave this hospital room.... I've had enough of being patient.... I don't need to be one for a while...." I sighed and said "Hopefully never again...." Andrew looked at me and pulled me for a hug which I returned. During the recovery, it was hard seeing him in pain, but it was such an eye opener knowing that I could have lost him forever..... I had waited so long to tell everyone about us that I forgot that we don't know how much time we have on this Earth and I should be living life every day being truthful.... After hugging, Maya came in and said "Do you guys have everything?" We both pulled away as we nodded and Maya picked up one box and I picked up his backpack. Andrew took his seat on the wheelchair and we began wheeling him out. Andrew was trying to hide his face since he was embarrassed, but most people smiled at him since he was finally going home.

In the lobby, we saw familiar faces. We saw my Mom, Dad, Aunt Jo, Aunt Cristina, Uncle Alex, Aunt Bailey, Aunt Amelia, Grandpa Richard, Owen, Lincoln, Teddy, April and many more.... Aunt Jo came quickly to us and said "You better not be a patient in this hospital again...." Andrew laughed and said "I hopefully won't be anytime soon....." Aunt Jo looked at both Maya and I and smiled before going back to Uncle Alex. Aunt Bailey came and said "I hope you enjoy your break from the hospital.... I'm glad your okay DeLuca...." Andrew smiled and said "Thanks Bailey...." Aunt Bailey smiled and said "I expect you to be in full shape and ready to operate when you come back...." He laughed and nodded. After a few people came and said nice wishes. After some people came and said things to Andrew, my parents came over. My Dad smiled and said "I'm glad your okay DeLuca... we still need to discuss some things.... but I'll just go to your house later....." Andrew nodded and Mom said "I'm glad your okay Andrew..... Derek is right we need to talk to you, but I'm glad you're going home...." He smiled and said "Thank you....and I know we need to talk" They smiled, but they looked at me and Dad said "When DeLuca is settled in, you come home... you haven't been home in a month and your siblings miss you" I nodded and said "Alright....." They walked away and we kept walking to the parking.

While walking to the car, Maya said "That was awkward..." I nodded and said "Well it's going to be especially since they found out about Andrew and I dating under some circumstances which we didn't plan...." Andrew nodded and said "They found out by themselves not from us and I understand that they might be angry... I'm dating their little girl basically...." I defended myself and said "I'm not that little...." Andrew said "Stop the wheelchair...." I looked at him weirdly and stopped moving. He placed the break and I went in front of him saying "Andy what's wrong?" I looked at Maya worriedly as he extended his arms. While I looked at Maya, I felt his hands in my waist pulling me towards him. I felt myself being pulled into the wheelchair. I was basically sitting on top of him, while I said "Andy!  We're going to break the wheelchair!" He said "No were not...." I looked at him and said "Andrew that's not funny... I could have hurt you" He laughed and said "I think it is...." I rolled my eyes, while Maya laughed saying "It kinda is....." I looked into his eyes and saw how happy he looked which made me smile. He stopped laughing and quickly pressed a kiss to my lips. I smiled when he pulled away and Maya said "The doctors said no sex for 2 or 4 weeks DeLuca...." Andrew groaned and said "But she looks so good...." I smiled and said "I don't think my parents will like for me to stay overnight at Andrew's...." Maya said "Oh god.... DeLuca get ready to be sexless for a long while..." Andrew pouted and I said "He will have it again someday.... " We laughed as he looked sad. After laughing, we continued to the car. When we finally got to the car, Carina got off and said "Do you guys need any help?" I nodded and gave Carina his backpack. She took it and I said "I'm going to help him get into the car" Carina and Maya nodded and I wheeled Andrew to the backseat car door. I opened it and went in front of the wheelchair. When I went in front of the wheelchair, I extended my hand to him and began helping him get up. After he got up, I helped him inside the car seat. I knew that he hated feeling weak and that others are trying to help him, but for me I like that I get to do something for him since I feel like he is always doing this for me and I like doing things for him. After helping Andrew, I closed the car door and went to the other side to enter the car. I entered the car and I sat down next to Andrew. He smiled and his hand was intertwined with mine. Carina and Maya had finished getting the backpack and box of Andrew's stuff into the trunk. They got into the car and Carina said "Lets get you home..." I smiled and I felt Andrew's head as he laid it on my shoulder. I smiled and relaxed immediately as we began the drive to Andrew's house.