Chapter 74: The arrival of Hamilton

The day was filled with surgeries, Cristina expected Lia to do everyone one of them perfectly. Although, she never failed to disappoint her Aunt's expectations, she felt overworked. Cristina looked at Lia and said "Go rest and eat! I don't need you fainting in my OR Ceci...." Lia smiled at her Aunt and quickly went away. She decided to go to cafeteria to see if Kara, Nick, Rea or Amy were there. When she arrived to the cafeteria, she found Nick and Andrew in a table. She smiled and immediately got something to eat and drink before heading to their table. When she arrived to their table, she sat next to Andrew pressing a kiss to his lips. Nick looked at them and said "Where's my kiss Lia" Lia rolled her eyes and pressed a kiss to his cheek. She sat back down next to Andrew and began eating. While eating, she groaned and said "Yang has me working to a limit!" Nick said "Is she expecting a lot from you?" Lia nodded and said "She is! I know I have some training from Carter, but every decision in that OR is in my hands. I've done 5 procedures today and there's still 3 more left." Andrew sighed and said "I'm sorry your having a tough day, but you know she's trying to give as much experience before the boards." Lia nodded and said "I get it, but it's so frustrating!" Andrew tried circling his finger on her hand, which usually calms her down. Lia tried taking deep breaths before saying "Enough about me. What's up with you two?" Andrew said "I have a tumor dissection it's located in the liver...." Lia nodded and Nick said "Jackson has me scheduled for a face lift." Lia nodded and said "What time is that since it sounds interesting?" Nick said "It's at 17:20" Lia nodded and said "If I'm done with Yang by that time I'll watch it!" Nick nodded and a nurse came towards their table they were confused about it. When she arrived she said "Excuse me Dr. Grey-Shepherd? Someone is at the lobby wanting to speak to you." Lia looked at Andrew and Nick, while asking "The last time someone wanted to talk to my Dad without an appointment he got shot so did they leave a name?" The nurse nodded and said "Yes, Dr. Chloe Hamilton has requested to see you." Lia's face was of utter confusion when she said "Hamilton? What she doing here? I'll meet her at the lobby." She nodded and left them alone. Nick asked when she was gone "Who's Dr. Chloe Hamilton?" Lia sighed and said "Carter's resident, I'm confused on why she's here. She's supposed to be training under Lauren. She's a good surgeon and I trusted her with his secret." They both nodded and she said "I'm going to go see her." She stood up and began walking towards the lobby.

When she arrived towards the lobby, her eyes scanned the room. She looked until her eyes hit her familiar dark red hair. Dr. Chloe Hamilton was an impressive young woman of 27 years old. She was in her second year of residency and was requested by Carter to join his residency program. One of the smartest youngest women Cecilia has met and capable of doing what she's told. She's flexible so she can easily adapt to any situation and take action, which is great for the level she is in her training. When she spotted Cecilia, Hamilton immediately walked up to her. She smiled and said "Dr. Grey-Shepherd we meet again." Lia smiled and said "Pleased to see you Dr. Hamilton. This is such an unexpected visit I'm confused on why you're here?" Hamilton sighed and said "I want to learn from you. You can teach me what Dr. Fields promised to teach me!" Lia looked at her and said "I'm not attending yet.... You'll be a year behind before I'm even an attending maybe even two if I decide to do a fellowship!" Hamilton said "Maybe there's a way....." Lia looked puzzled and said "What about Lauren?" Hamilton sighed "She approved my transfer here. She's not doing surgery anymore. She's more focused on the Dr. Carter Fields Foundation." Lia nodded and said "I'll set up a meeting with the Chief of Surgery, Director of the Residency Program, The Board, and the Chiefs of Cardio." Hamilton seemed to look afraid but looked at her with a determined face and said "Whatever I need to do then I'll do it Dr. Grey-Shepherd....." Lia nodded and said "Go freshen up and be here by 4......" She nodded and they both parted ways.

Lia began heading to Bailey's office, as she walked she saw her with Richard. When she got to the door, she knocked and she heard a voice saying come in. Lia entered and Bailey said "Ah Grey-Shepherd!" Lia smiled cordially at Bailey and Richard while saying "Good Afternoon Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber I have a proposition." They both looked at her intently and Lia said "Dr. Chloe Hamilton has called a meeting with you two, the Chiefs of Cardio and the Board." Bailey looked at me and said "What's the purpose of such meeting?" Lia sighed and said "A transfer and proposition." Bailey nodded and said "Alright you know the policy that all meetings like these start at 4 can this Chloe Hamilton be here at this time?" Lia nodded and said "Yes she will." Bailey nodded and Richard said "Cecilia be present at this meeting. I expect to see you here since you came to speak to us on her behalf." Lia nodded as she turned to leave the office. Her plans of watching Nick's surgery might be down the drain. After she left Bailey's office, Lia left to continue the surgeries Cristina had in store for her.

Finally it was four, Lia was outside next to Hamilton. She seemed nervous was the first thing Lia observed. Lia looked at her saying calmly "You can get this transfer approved and convince Dr. Yang to place you with me..." She nodded and they both went in. Inside sitting patiently were: Bailey, Richard, Derek, Meredith, Cristina, Callie, Arizona, Teddy and Maggie. The conversation between them seized when they entered. Lia stood firmly next to Hamilton. Hamilton looked at them before saying "Chief Bailey, Dr. Webber, Dr. Grey, Dr. Shepherd, Dr. Yang, Dr. Robbins, Dr. Torres, Dr. Avery, Dr. Pierce and Dr. Altman thank you for agreeing to see me in such short notice. L- Dr. Grey-Shepherd is going to pass you all a copy of my file and recommendation from my previous hospital..." Lia began passing the file to each of them as they began to quickly read some important details. Cristina looked up and said "You worked for Carter Fields..." Hamilton nodded and said "I was in my second year of residency when he passed away and he left Dr. Lauren Fields, his sister, as my attending. However, she is concentrating more on the foundation than surgery so she has transferred me if you will accept to Grey-Sloan." Teddy nodded and said "What will you benefit from learning over here." Hamilton said "Well there's 4 different top cardio attendings who each have a unique technique." Richard nodded and said "Why Grey-Sloan. Dr. Lauren Fields could have chosen any other hospital but why us." Hamilton looked at Lia before saying "To be honest, it's because the only person who could teach me what my past mentor knew is Dr. Grey-Shepherd. During her time at the hospital, I observed her operating and her technique I- there's nothing like it. I understand that she's a resident still, but I would like to come here not just to learn from her, but to learn from the other cardio attendings." They all looked at her and Bailey said "I don't know about the rest of them but I approve your transfer." Richard nodded and the rest of the Board approve with Bailey's assessment. Hamilton smiled and looked at Lia, which returned the smile. Bailey said "The cardio attendings and Dr. Grey-Shepherd can leave now. The Board, Dr. Webber and I will have to talk to Dr. Hamilton upon more detail of her transfer." Lia, Maggie and Teddy nodded and they left the room.

When Lia left the room, she headed to Andrew's office. She knocked before entering and found Andrew reading patient files. He turned to look at her and said "Hey love...." Lia smiled and said "Hey... when are you coming home?" Andrew said "Soon are you leaving with Kara again to study for the Boards?" Lia shook her head and said "No, I'm going home tonight and hopefully we can leave together." Andrew nodded and said "I'm missing 3 files can you wait for me?" Lia nodded and went towards him and pressed a kiss to his temple. Andrew sighed and returned to doing patient files, while Lia sat down in the couch.

After he finished, they both began leaving the hospital. While walking, they were both stopped by Hamilton. She smiled at Lia and said "Thank you Dr. Grey-Shepherd! I got the job and start on Monday." Lia smiled and said "That's great Hamilton....." Lia looked between them and said "Chloe this is Dr. Andrew DeLuca my boyfriend and Andy this is Dr. Chloe Hamilton." They both greeted each other and Hamilton said "I'm going to leave you two since you're heading home. Have a pleasant evening and it was great meeting you Dr. DeLuca." They all waved goodbye to each other and the couple continued their way to the parking lot. When they got to the parking lot, they got in the car and began heading home. Once home, they were greeted at the door by Gatsby. Lia kneeled down and immediately brought Gatsby to her arms. Andrew looked at Lia and said "Want to watch a movie or sleep?" Lia said "We can watch a movie and eat something...." Andrew nodded and said "I'll make us some food." Lia nodded and said "I'm going to change." Andrew nodded and Lia went upstairs to change. She changed from her work clothes to her pajamas. When Lia went downstairs, Andrew said "I made us crepes, but I'm going to change real quick." Lia laughed and said "Crepes at 8 pm?" Andrew before going upstairs "So at 2 in the morning in Paris is normal." Lia rolled her eyes at him and he went upstairs to change. When he changed, they both ate their crepes. After eating crepes, they both went to the couch and began watching a movie. The rest of the night was peaceful both of them in their little world. 

-A/N: This is more a filler chapter for the next ones. I hope you all have a great day/night!

lots of love
Lin <3