Chapter 13: A farewell to Fields...

Day 1 Post-Op

I was in Lauren's room and she said ''I knew you could do it!'' I sat in her chair and said ''I know your labs are great but I wanna keep an eye on you...Can I ask you something'' she nodded and I said '' Your brother said he actually loved me but I think its a huge lie..'' Lauren said ''In a weird way he did love you... you're the only girl other than me who knows the technique because you were special to him.. but the stupid dummy ruined everything good'' I was a little shocked and said ''I did love him at one point but I was to young.... I don't like him that way anymore our relationship was toxic in a way but it still hurt what he did, it makes it difficult to trust someone new.. I'm sorry I should talk to you about this your his sister'' Lauren said ''You can tell me about these things Lia.... You're always gonna be the little sister I never had, my brother hurt you but I never did so please don't let his mistake keep you from talking to me...'' I nodded and said ''Im fine, but anyways you leave in 2 weeks, I'll remove the staples in the day 13 okay?'' she nodded and I left the patient room.

I passed Carter on the wall and he said ''How's Lauren?'' I said quickly ''She's awake and good.. bye now'' I kept walking not wanting to make conversation with him. I had the day off but I wanted to check in on Lauren and now I had my date with Andrew.

I met Andrew in Seattle Park, I saw him in the entrance and he said ''So remember in our first date when you talked about things on your to do list?'' I nodded and said ''Yeah? Why are we in Seattle Park?'' Andrew said ''You'll see....'' He took my hand and lead us around the park. We walked until we were in a clear area of grass where in one side you could see the ferryboats and water and the other side you could see the city and the Space Needle. I was amazed by the view and I saw him take out a blanket out of his bag. I gasped and said ''Is this what I think it is?!'' He nodded and said ''A picnic yes.'' I was so happy I went over to him and placed kisses all over his face ''Thank you!!! now let's eat'' he laughed and I sat down on the blanket. I saw him pull out from his picnic basket 2 glasses and he pulled out champagne and soda. I rolled my eyes and said ''Can't I have a lil champagne...'' He said ''A lil try it'' he opened it and place a little bit on my cup and I tried it... it wasn't that bad... I said ''Maybe I'll stick to the soda'' he laughed and served himself some champagne and opened the coke and served it in my glass. Andrew said ''I made a lot of stuff'' he took out brownies, ritz, Nutella, salads, 2 plates of alfredo pasta, Italian bread and a small cake which half was vanilla and half was chocolate. I said ''You went all out thank you...'' he said ''Your welcome now let's eat!'' I smiled and decided to try the brownies, I tried it and it was delicious.. it melts in your mouth I moaned and said ''This is the best brownie I've ever ate.. GOD this is good'' He smiled and said ''There my mom's secret recipe, she taught me how to make them when I was six'' I smiled he never really mentioned his mother much, I wanted to ask but I thought it would be invading his privacy. He grabbed the 2 forks and gave one to me along with a knife and we began eating the pasta. It was so good, I said ''I really need to eat your food more often good this is delicious'' He laughed and we just ate our food and enjoyed each others company.

Day 7 Post-Op

I checked on Lauren she was sitting on her bed and she said ''Don't worry Carter is talking to someone right now'' I nodded and entered her room. I said ''Im gonna check your incision'' I went towards her to check her incision and it was healing nicely.... I said ''I will remove the staples in a few more days and then you can go home''. I saw her smile lightly and said ''Honestly I wanna stay here... I liked having you around again....'' I said ''Lauren I like having you around but you can't leave the practice you love that place'' she nodded and said ''I know... but you still need to promise me that you will talk to me and sometimes fly out or I fly out here...'' I nodded and said ''Of course Laur!!!! Sometimes I missed the club...'' Lauren laughed and said ''Ah the famous club....'' We both smiled remembering some memories of before.

After checking in on Lauren my shift was over early today so I went to the car where Mom was waiting for me, I got in front and Zola said ''Hey sis!!!'' I said ''Hey Zozo!!!!'' I noticed she had 2 friends with her one was Sofia she said ''Hi Lia!!!!'' I turned around and said ''Hey Soph how are you???'' Sofia said ''Good, mom and mama are also good but working'' I smiled and turned around and met some light blue eyes and I realized who this was Blue glasses, light blonde hair, freckles... this is Millie!!!! I said ''I believe we haven't meet, Im Cecilia... Zola's older sister'' She said ''Nice to finally meet the person Zola cannot shut up about...I'm Millie'' I shook her hand and noticed my sister lightly blushing at her statement. Mom said while smiling ''Now girls, where going back to the house so you can do your group project'' they nodded and mom left the hospital and took us all home.

When we got home, Zola said ''Hi dad!'' I saw as dad said ''Hey Zozo!!!'' Sofia said while running to hug dad ''Uncle Derek!!!'' Dad said ''Ah there's my favorite Sloan'' as he hugged her. Thats when Dad noticed Millie and he looked quickly at us and he said ''I believe we haven't met I'm Dr. Derek Shepherd, but you can call me Derek'' she said ''Im Millie Page nice to meet you....'' Zola said ''Anyways we have school work will be up in my room'' the 3 of them went upstairs and I said ''Aweeeeee'' Mom said ''She's so cute Derek...'' I said ''And the way Zola blushed when Millie said she talked about me a lot is so cute!'' Dad said with a pout ''She seems nice.... but I still don't want my babies to date anyone'' I rolled my eyes and said ''Yeah sure...'' I heard him say I heard that! Mom said ''Wanna watch your dad's removal of Issacs tumor???'' I nodded and we both went to the couch and watched dad remove a large spinal tumor.

Day 13 Post- Op

As I removed the staples, I saw the face of grimace on Lauren's face and said ''I know this hurts but I'm almost done'' she nodded and I took off the last staple and cleaned and sterilize the area. I heard Carter say ''Your incision healed up nicely'' I heard Lauren said ''Now I have a cool scar!'' Carter and I laughed and I said ''Your discharge papers are being prepared and I will be back but here'' I gave Lauren a bag and she said ''Ceci!!! These are to die for!!!'' I got her some earrings which where her style and she said ''Thank you gurlll now I'm gonna change'' as she went to the bathroom, I saw as Carter grabbed Lauren's luggage and put her stuff inside and his briefcase was in the side. I left the room and went to get the discharge papers.

I went to the nurses station and said ''Discharge papers for Dr. Lauren Fields...'' they handed them to me and I went back to their room where I saw Lauren in the wheelchair with a face of anger while Carter signed the papers. He wheeled Lauren out. My parents were making sure he didn't touch me and I saw Andrew and Kara watching from the back. I saw Aunt Cristina approaching saying ''I hope you got the best level of care and we never have to meet again in these circumstances Dr. Fields'' Lauren said ''Of course Dr. Yang'' I saw as Carter looked threw his briefcase.. I saw my aunt giving him dirty looks of course she knew my mom must have told her. Carter pulled a tiny box and gave it to me saying ''I know how much these mean to you.. you had left them in my apartment...'' I looked confused but when I opened it, I saw my Aunt Lexie's earrings... I said ''Thank you...'' he nodded and I went towards Lauren and gave her a huge hug and said ''Bye Laur...'' she said ''Bye Ceci.....'' I nodded at Carter and waved goodbye and he waved goodbye and he wheeled her out hospital...

I went to my parents and mom ask ''You okay.....'' I said ''I am....'' I took off the earrings I had and put on the ones my Aunt Lexie owned. I continued on with the next patient.